Regular Botox User and Now Seeing a Droop for the First Time?

Concerned that the droop won't go away or will take a long time to go away. I hear stories about how Botox 'power' lives longer in reguar users. This is my 4th time with Botox. Will the droop go away in its standard few months when the Botox dissipates, or would it take a longer time? Does it even matter if one were to get Botox 2 to 3 times yearly for several years & suddenly get a droop? Would the droop ALWAYS GO AWAY with the longevity strength of the Botox? Thanks!

Botox and Drooping

+1

Thank you for your question. Drooping of the eyelids are one of the Botox side effects. Fortunately, it doesn’t last long. The skin laxity on our face changes as we mature, for example, drooping of the eyelids may be more noticeable versus 2-3 years ago, so injectors should take this into consideration before injecting because Botox can make the drooping worse. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox and droop

+1

Botox as you know, is a temporary treatment so yes, you will see relief from any droop. Injection placement and technique is key-just be sure and discuss with your provider any issue with droop and they can make adjustments to placement and/or unit amount to help alleviate this in future treatments.

Sam Naficy, MD

Longtime Botox User, First Time Droop Occurrance

+1

Hi Cici,

Yes, the "droop" will go away.  The drooping has to do with the placement of the Botox injection into a muscle that usually lifts the brows.  Let your injector know what has happened so that it is noted in your medical chart.  Both the injection site and the number of units injected should be adjusted at your next treatment to avoid the problem again.  Your "droop" is not due to a cumulative effect of the Botox, as we treat hundreds of patients multiple times without the problem occurring.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Regular Botox User and Now Seeing a Droop for the First Time

+1

I'm not sure if you are referring to a droop of the eyelid or the eyebrow. Both have to do with placement so please advise your physician that this happened so the situation can be avoided in the future. It will go away and return to the way it was pre-treatment. It could take up to 6 months to fully resolve, but it will go away. Botox is simply not permanent.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Regular injections, with Botox..Dysport or Xeomin, can weaken the muscle responsible for creating the line or wrinkle in a cummulative fashion.  If you have an eyebrow droop, this is from dissemination of the Botox too close to the eyebrows.  You can either wait until forehread muscle function returns completely (3-6 months) or you can actively try and raise the eyebrows often during the day which will speed up new neuro-muscular connections making the effects wear off more quickly.  In the future, be sure the MD that does you Botox avoids the eyebrows by 1-2 fingerwidths to avoid drooping.  

Droop after Botox

+1

I'm assuming you are referring to a droop of your eyelid after a Botox treatment.  It is possible to develop some lowering of the eyelid after a Botox injection, but it does not mean that this would necessarily happen again.  Normally getting a droop is dependent on the placement of the injections.  The droop should resolve completely over time and will frequently improve even before the Botox has worn off.  Assuming there was no droop before the treatment, the lowering of the eyelid should always resolve.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon