How Much Can I Reduce in a Breast Reduction? (photo)

I'm 30 years old, 5 2' and 140lbs. I have 34ddd's-at least. Often times I see a result I like here then a couple months later the boobs are bigger than I care for. I've given this years of contemplation and I know through and through that I want to end up a large Acup. Maybe the worlds smallest B. My nightmare is to pay and endure surgery then find myself in a bra a year later. I don't see that with anyone else here so...is it me or is this not a possibility for me :( Can I get an A.....men?

How small can a breast reduction make you?

+1

No surgeon can make you look like the model you show on the right.  She has a different build than you do.  Her breasts on your chest would not look right. 

Can a surgeon make you an A cup?  Yes, but only with the strong possibility of loss of nipple sensation and an unpleasant shape with a very small breast spread out over a medium sized chest - not a good look. 

So you should tell your surgeon that you want to go as small as he/she thinks is reasonable.  Don't get hung up on cup size or another woman's breasts. 

Breast Reduction

+1

It is very possible to safely reduce your breasts significantly. Women that have had large breasts their entire life can sometimes have difficulty adjusting if they go too small after a breast reduction surgery which is one of the reasons plastic surgeons are cautious about reducing very large breasts to an A or B cup. The second reason is proper healing of the areolas which should not be of major concern in experienced hands.

Gary Motykie, MD

Breast reduction

+1

It is important when performing breast reduction surgery to avoid reducing them TOO much.  If the breasts are made too small, they will look wide and flat.  It is as important to concentrate on proper shape as well as the size.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

How Much Can I Reduce in a Breast Reduction?

+1

Your posted photos are not very he;lapful to determine if a significant reduction is a good idea for you. Best to see a boarded PS in your city and discuss the reduction amounts, scars, and realistic expectations. 

Breast reduction to A cup

+1

I agree with the other posts.  The main thing you need to ask yourself is if you dont mind losing nipple sensation, and if you dont, then you could pursue a one stage surgery.  If nipple sensation is important, then you should consider a staged surgery, but keep in mind that there still is no guarantee that you would maintain normal nipple sensation.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction to almost an A

+1

I think to get you to an "A" cup or small "B" cup will not be accomplished with a pedicle technique and leave you with a good shape. It sounds like you want almost a mastectomy.

Breast Reduction Size

+1

Just about any amount of breast reduction is possible. Be certain to explain your goals to your Board Certified plastic surgeon. The main limitation in the final size has to do with preserving the nipple circulation and sensation. A pedicle of breast tissue is required to achieve this. If sensation is not important, then all the breast tissue can be removed. This is more common for men and gynecomastia reduction, however, than for women.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction to Small Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. The short answers your question is yes, it is possible to reduce the breasts very significantly. Sometimes, in order to do so safely, it may be necessary to do the procedures in two stages.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “A or B cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

It is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

A cup can be achieved with breast reduction, but seldom wise.

+1

Hi.

You would lose nipple sensation, and have a lot of scars.  Don't recommend it.  Remember, even if you end up a large B cup, you will still be MUCH, MUCH smaller.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)