Breasts May Be Tubular and Would Like to Reshape Them? (photo)

I'm pretty sure I have tubular breasts and am interested in reshaping them to achieve a better aesthetic while keeping as natural a look as possible. I'm a 32b and don't really want to go much larger than a C. Is it possible to get a naturally perky look with smaller implants? And do they seem suitable for an areola incision because I'd like to reduce the size and avoid scarring as much as possible. I know silicone isn't available for women under 22 so should I wait or will saline look natural?

Breasts tubular?

+2

I do not think that your breasts are tubular. An implant can help make them larger. you may also want to consider an areola reduction because they will stretch out more with implants.

Not really tubular

+2

Tubular or tuberous breasts are characterized by a constricted base, high tight fold and wide arerola with some protrusion.  Your areola are wide but not protruding and your breast are small but flow fairly normally. A relatively straightforward augmentation with saline or silicone would be fine, but I would consider a minor mastopexy with a circumareolar incision to reduce your areolar diameter somewhat especially to compensate for the expected stretching with the implants. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping Breasts (photos)

+2

The answer, in my opinion is, you can have beautiful breasts with gel implants of your chosen projection (provided selected width is appropriate for your chest).   My preferred approach would be areolar.  Every situation is different, so it is difficult to be more specific without in person evalutation, but both surgical technique and implants can expand your inframammary crease, which is arguably the most important alteration in your case to improve breast aesthetics.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Implants at age 22

+2

Based on your photos, I do not see tubular breast.  I do agree that your breast need to be reshaped, perhaps with a minor mastopexy.  There is no reason that you cannot get silicone gel implants.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for an evaluation.  Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tubular breasts??

+2

ccm:

There are a number of features that define a tubular breast:

• Wide and puffy areolae
  • widely spaced breasts
  • high breast fold
  • constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
  • minimal breast tissue
  • high breast fold

I would not put you in that category--all I see are widely spaced breasts and large (not puffy) areolae. 

I would recommend a modest sized implant and a modified mastopexy with reduction of areolar size and with that some centralization of the areolae (only a little bit of change is possible). 

Before silicone was on the general market, the study rules permitted their use for patients having mastopexy and for certain congenital anomalies. Many surgeons will use silicone in patients under 22 in this setting. Call around and find out.

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.l 

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift reshapes breasts

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new procedure called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This is done through a circumareola incision leaving only 1 scar around the areola.  The areolas can be adjusted to your desired size, the breast tissue is lifted and reshaped and implants are placed.  You need your breasts higher on the chest wall and increased cleavage.  Changing from a size B to size C would be no problem.  A small implant such as 100 to 200 cc would be required.  Whether you have tubular breasts or not is irrelevant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts would have a constricted or tight lower pole (the area from the fold to the nipple).  Yours do not seem to have that component.  Since breast augmentation is an elective procedure, you may choose to have saline implants now or wait until you turn 22 for silicone implants.  In my opinion, silicone implants provide a more natural look and feel for thinner patients.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Hello

+1
It is definitely possible for you to improve the look of your breast. Getting a small implant and a lift would help change the shape of your breasts.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Treatment of Tubular Breasts: Implant Augmentation with Lift

+1

Tubular breasts tend to be narrow, pointy, and have tight skin restricting enlargement.  Cosmetic repair involves augmentation with the release of tight breast tissue and skin.  The results are quite pleasing for patients and can make great improvements.  In the photos that you present, your breasts have dropped, lost upper breast volume, and have some areolar enlargement.  An augmentation with a lift and areolar reduction would be a good plan to consider!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

Your posted photos show asymmetric breasts with the right slightly larger than the left, a wide inter-nipple distance, different shaped breast mounds, a wide space between the breast mounds and a higher right infra-mammary fold than left. Neither breast is tubular. If you just put in breast implants even if the implants are of different sizes you will not correct all of these issues. I suspect raising the left fold would be a better option than lowering the right fold. Cross cuts in the breast tissue under the skin on the right could reshape the mound so it looks more like the left. The mounds can also be shifted slightly towards the midline. You cannot do all of that via an areolar incision.

The current regulations are 21 or older for silicone and 18 or older for saline in cosmetic non-reconstructive cases. You may be able to get by with this being a reconstructive case.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD