What procedure am I candidate for? 2 yrs Post baby 5'0 100lbs 24 years old. (photo)

I have loose skin and awful stretch marks! i want to be ready for a bikini by summer 2014

Removal post-baby abdominal skin (photo)

+2

Contrary to other responders, at age 24, my recommendation would be against full abdominoplasty unless you're quite certain you'll not have future pregnancy(s).  In any case, abdominoplasty technique should be modified to accommodate your relatively high umbilical position and conceal the scar behind the bikini bottom you want to wear.

Instead, mini-abdominoplasty with radiofrequency skin tightening would improve your situation at minimal risk.  Stretch marks can also be treated with derma-roller, tretinoin, and/or other modalities. Tummy tuck, if you desire, can be done later, and won't remove all stretch marks anyway.  You'll look just fine in bikini, there's nothing wrong with others knowing that your body gave birth to another human being.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Tummy tuck for loose skin and stretch marks?

+2

The loose skin and lower stretch marks can be removed with a tummy tuck and the upper stretch marks brought to a lower position where they will be less obvious. It is usually possible to have a low scar line which is covered by a bathing suit bottom.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What procedure am I candidate for? 2 yrs Post baby 5'0 100lbs 24 years old.

+2

An exam would be essential, but a short scar tummy tuck may yield your best result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Stretch Marks on a Small Abdomen

+1

You are in an imperfect situation where you have extensive stretchmarks well above the belly button, but not a lot of extra skin in the upper abdomen to 'donate' to a tummy tuck. This means not all of the stretchmarks can be removed. The best that can be done is a tummy tuck that removes as much stretchmark-riden skin as possible, while pulling the remaining stretchmarks downward, simultaneously tightening the skin.  The horizontal incision should remain as low as possible in the midline, and you should expect an additional smaller vertical incision above the horizontal one where the belly button was once attached.

Other procedures like 'mini' tummy tucks and laser liposuction, as well as topical creams or 'skin tightening' lasers or high tech devices are all of very low value.  See a surgeon certified by the ABPS and a member of the ASAPS who can show you many examples of people like yourself. 

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Tummy tuck is the best option to remove loose skin and stretch marks after pregnancy.

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs.  A tummy tuck will remove excess skin from your abdomen and stretch marks that are typically below the belly button.  However extensive stretch marks above the belly button will not be removed.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in tummy tuck surgery, and was an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Tummy tuck for stretch marks

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck to remove your excess skin and stretch marks of your lower abdomen. Consult with an experienced plastic surgeon for an examination in person.

Dr.Bruno

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your history and photographs, I think that it is likely you will do best with tummy tuck surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

This operation is associated with a lower abdominal wall scar and a significant recovery time; on the upside, the aesthetic outcome may be much more likely to be to your liking. the trade-off, commonly seen in plastic surgery, is improvement in contour of the abdomen in exchange for scars ( mostly hidden in undergarments and bathing suits etc.).

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the procedure as well as the significant physical/emotional recovery time associated with the procedure as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm