Is this a Poly Beak Deformity or could it be possible swelling even 20 months post op? (photos)

20 months ago I had rhinoplasty surgery to remove a slight bump on my bridge and mainly to address my bulbous tip. Although my frontal view is much better than before, my profile is worse and very beak like. I was hoping this was due to swelling but now am not so hopeful. I know it takes up to a 1.5 years for the swelling to resolve but i became pregnant 8 months postop so blamed the prolong swelling due to pregnancy. I am now 5 months post baby and my beak is still there and also my tip looks thick.

Revision rhinoplasty will probably be necessary.

+1
From the limited information provided by the photographs it looks as though there is been over resection of the nasal dorsum. This will require revisional surgery and possibly spreader grafts.

Pollybeak 20 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1
At 20 months this is not secondary to swelling that will resolve. Your tip is thick but I cannot be sure this is a true polly beak deformity. You have relative fullness above your tip but with these pictures your unwanted profile may also be secondary to inadequate projection of your dorsum which may require some augmentation of your bridge. The good news is that you have a new child and the nose can be improved with a revision procedure.  

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Americanbeauty1, From these photographs it is hard to determine if you have what we consider a true pollybeak deformity. A consultation, direct examination and digital imaging would be very informative in providing insight to your current concerns and opening a discussion on possible revision surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Polybeak 20 months post op.

+1
Of course it takes an exam to be sure but it appears you do have a polybeak . In addition you have valve stenosis with mid vault collapse. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Polybeek

+1
Thank you for the photos but a full examination is really needed aided by digital photos altered with your input to determine what might be best for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Is this a Poly Beak Deformity or could it be possible swelling even 20 months post op?

+1
   I would go for a consultation with a rhinoplasty expert to determine what would be recommended.

Polybeak.

+1
To my eye, with these photos, it appears more like there is some overresection of the cartilagenous and boney septum that makes the supratip stand out more. Based ONLY on these photos, I would likely recommend AUGMENTING the dorsum (the proper amount of course) to restore normal proportions and contours.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD