Otoplasty 3 weeks post-op; Is this stitch extrusion, hypertrophic scarring, keloid, or unresolved swelling? (photos)

What's up docs, I am 3 weeks post-op bilateral otoplasty; I had conchal setback and construction of the antihelix on both ears. The right ear shows a marked difference from the left from behind. Is this scarring, stitch spitting, poor stitch placement, or simply unresolved swelling? Will that little 'knot' or 'nub' I'm seeing on the right decline in prominence with further healing? I've provided a photo of both ears below. Do I have cause for concern? Thank you for your time.

Otoplasty

+1
It does indeed look like there is a stitch getting ready to extrude.  You should return to your surgeon. It may be best to remove the stitch before it becomes infected.

Otoplasty 3 weeks post-op

+1
It is difficult to say what the issue is behind your right ear. You should schedule a followup now with your otoplasty surgeon. It sounds like you're happy with the external look of both ears which is great. However, you should have your surgeon take a look at the issue behind your right ear. They might very well just follow this over time and further healing but you deserve that reassurance. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon