Can my Short, Upturned Bulbous Nose Be Fixed? How Much Would This Cost?

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Nose

+1

A bulbous nose can definitely be more defined during your rhinoplasty procedure and your nose can also be lengthened depending on the structure of your nose. It's difficult to tell without seeing you in person. For a proper consultation, I recommend seeing a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasties. He can then determine what can be done to your nose as well as how much it would cost.

Fixing the Short Nose

+1

Rhinoplasty for the short nose usually requires special cartilage grafts to lengthen the septum, and "push down" the tip. Repairing bulbous tip cartilages can also be performed simultaneous to lend a better aesthetic to your nasal profile.

Web reference: http://www.drkevinbrenner.com/blog/rhinoplasty-recovery-how-long-will-i-be-swollen-after-my-nose-job/424936

Can my short, upturned bulbous nose be fixed? How much would this cost?

+1

Rhinoplasty can help improve the appearance of a short, upturned, and bulbous nose. Photos and/or an exam would really be necessary to give you the best advice. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with suggestions. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

It can be fixed but you must have realistic expectations.

+1

Hello Katie2001,

Thanks for your question.  A short, upturned, bulbous tip can be improved upon with a well planned rhinoplasty.  There are limitations to how finessed one can make the tip, such as thickness of the skin envelope and strength of the cartilage framework.  It is important that you seek consultation with a specialist in rhinoplasty surgery to help you determine your surgical options.  The cost of rhinoplasty surgery really depends by area of the country.  In Los Angeles, since competition is fierce and there are many non-plastic surgeons and non-facial plastic surgeons offering nose surgery, I would think that a "you get what you pay for" mentality is appropriate.  I would never recommend going to the cheapest surgeon out there.  Rhinoplasty is widely considered to the the most difficult cosmetic surgery performed.  Make sure your surgeon's credentials are very good and that you get to see Before and After pictures, along with your own simulations prior to embarking on surgery.  A reasonable price range is probably somewhere in the $5k-$8k range including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and facility fee.

Hopefully this has be of help to you?

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Web reference: http://www.shahrhinoplasty.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fix is possible

+1

Fix is a very subjective word. Rhinoplasty can usually help folks with unattractive nasal features. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty for an evaluation. Costs of rhinoplasty range from 5-10k depending on location, etc. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for short upturned bulbous nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can involve de-rotating an upturned nose, reduction of the bulbous tip with suture techniques, and overall refinement.  The rhinoplasty can be performed through the open or closed techniques as an outpatient procedure. Virtual rhinoplasty software  and our rhinoplasty photo gallery are located on the  link below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Fix my short, upturned Bulbous Nose

+1

Typically, grafting would be necessary from the septal cartilage and an open approach utilized.  Often this type of problem benefits from multiple techniques of cartilage resection in the cephalic (high portion of the tip) with grafting of cartilage on the lower border to make it smaller in width, but taller and longer in shape, while derotating your nose to be at a more appropriate angle.  Deprojecting your tip will only make it shorter.  This is a finesse operation that requires an expert eye.  Costs will vary greatly by surgeon and location.  My recommendation would be to consider a double board certified surgeon familiar with both rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty as a lot of these techniques are more commonly used in revisional surgery than primary rhinoplasty.

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous over-projected Nose

+1

With refinement of the bulbous tip the nose will turn up slightly which should be addressed by lowering the tip i.e. de-projection. Bulbous tip usually associated with thick skin which will need to be thinned aggressively in order to re-drape over the refined tip

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a Short, Upturned Bulbous Nose

+1

In general, a short, upturned nose can be rotated down and lengthened using cartilage grafts.  Bulbous nasal tips can also be refined.  However, an in-person consultation is recommended for a proper evaluation and to determine how best to achieve a natural and balanced appearance for your face.  Also, 3-D computer imaging will allow you to visualize how you may look with the changes you desire.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without providing a photo or having a thorough consultation it is difficult to provide much advice.  In general, fixing a short upturned nose is more difficult than shortening a lengthy nose, but it can be done.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon so that he/she may provide their professional opinion and options for your specific situation.

Good luck to you