Will my Double Bubble Be a Difficult Fix? (photo)

Last year I had a breast aug. (325cc hp silicone implants) The 1st day after removing the bandages I noticed a distinct line across my left breast. Needless to say, I am very dissapointed with my results. I am have gotten a few different opinions on how to fix this and I'm just not sure anymore what my best solution is. Is it still possible for me to have normal looking breasts??

Double bubble repair

+2

You can certainly have normal looking breasts after the repair. This will require restoring the fold of the breast to its previous position using internal sutures. Revision surgery is more difficult than the primary procedure and there is always the possibility of needing additional surgery though the incidence of this is low.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in revisional breast surgery. I hope this is helpful.

Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Will my Double Bubble Be a Difficult Fix?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, with additional breast surgery, it is very likely that the appearance of your breasts will be much improved. In my practice, I would offer you internal suture repair of the inframammary fold areas (capsulorraphy).  These internal sutures would serve to reconstruct the breast crease areas preventing movement of the breast implants below the breast creases/folds.

You may find the attached link, demonstrating similar cases, helpful to you.

Double buble repair is possible with certain techniques

+1

HELLO AND THANKS FOR THE QUESTION AND PICTURES.

EVENTHOUGH DOUBLE BUBBLE CAN BE DIFFICULT TO FIX AT TIMES, MAJORITY OF

TIMES, IT CAN BE FIXED IF YOUR SURGEON IS EXPERIENCED IN REPAIRING OF THE

CAPSULE AND CREATING INTERNAL BRA. THIS IS DONE BY SUTURING AND

HOLDING OF THE IMPLANT WHILE RE-CREATING NATURAL ANATOMY.

YOU COULD ASK FOR PICTURES OF PATIENTS WITH SIMILAR FINDINGS.

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL.

DR SAJJADIAN

DrSajjadian.com

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

+1

Yes, it is possible for you to obtain a better result. The correction of this can be a tricky and requires patience and attention to detail on the surgeon's part.

The internal capsulorrhaphy (elevating the fold) can be done with or without a product like Strattice. I've found that the use of Strattice in this scenario results in a more predictable outcome. The sheet is used as an 'internal hammock' to reinforce the repair. Cost can be controlled somewhat by using a smaller piece and possibly cutting it so that 1 sheet is shared on both sides.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble deformity difficult to fix.

+1

Violation of the infra mammary fold at the time of breast augmentation should be avoided. When the implant falls below the fold a double bubble deformity can occur. This is difficult to fix.

Breast Augmentation and "Double Bubble" Deformity

+1
  The so called "double bubble "deformity can occur when the implants are placed below the natural breast fold.  Placing the implants below the fold should be undertaken with great caution.  In some cases it can be done successfully with nice results, in some others in leads to an obvious deformity.  An experienced and talented surgeon can make that determination.    Correcting the double bubble deformity can be done successfully with a few different techniques. In some cases, depending on the size the shape of the breast that patient desires, the use of ADM (acellular dermal matrix) such as Strattice or Alloderm could be required.  Make sure that you seek out a surgeon with significant experience correcting this deformity.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble deformity

+1

You should ask yourself what you are most unhappy about.  If you LOVE your size and position, then consider filling the concavities with fat grafts if you are accepting of the risks.  If you think your implants are too low, then you will need what all the others are talking about... internal sutures and possibly a smaller implant (and in my practice, wearing a bra 24/7 for 6 weeks minimum).  But you do have options and you just need to decide on what is most important to you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Fixing the double bubbleg

+1

The double bubble can be fixed with internal suturing of the inframammary crease.  This is a tricky procedure to get right, however, and you should make sure the surgeon who does the revision is experienced at the procedure.  The use of a dermal matrix should not be necessary and increases the cost of the procedure substantially.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Revision Breast Implant Surgery

+1

Repairing a problem like the "double bubble deformity" is definitely possible. Usually it involves repair of the inframammary fold. Some patients also benefit from placement of an acellular dermal matrix graft such as Alloderm to help reinforce the fold position.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Fixing double bubble

+1

I can't see from your photo how pronounced your double bubble is.  Sometimes these can resolve on there own but usually surgical intervention is necessary.  It should look normal after the repair.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD