Got my cast taken off post-rhinoplasty - it looks so short and upturned! Is this normal? Will it droop?

I'm in absolute tears right now. I just had my cast removed, 8 days after my rhinoplasty. My nose before rhinoplasty was very long and the tip was droopy. It is very swollen around the bridge but I know that will heal. This has to do with the length of my nose. Will my tip go down a bit do you think in the next few days because right now I feel like a little pig. The distance between the tip of my nose and my upper lip is HUGE! someone please help.

Rhinoplasty concerns after splint removal

+1
Dea fruitstarr, It is just to early to determine your post operative results and as the swelling dissipates and the nose settles changes will become apparent. If you are still unhappy after several months then discuss your concerns with your surgeon. In the interim explain to your surgeon your concerns so that he/she may help settle your worries during this recovery phase. Wishing you a quick recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Immediately postop

+1
I can only concur with prior posts to relax and allow the healing process to run its course.  If you see a significant deformity, contact your surgeon and advance your next visit to discuss with him.  He is interested in your satisfaction as much as you are so always maintain a close line of communication. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Post op Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1
Take a deep breath. Take a step back. You are only one week out of surgery. It takes 6 weeks to months for all the swelling to resolve to see what the final shape will be. You also have to remember that this is your new normal and you are not used to it. There is a lot of emotion that surrounds surgery especially when it is on the face. My recommendation is to take a step back and give things time to heal.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty result

+1
Thank you for your question but it is way too early to judge your results and in all likehood you tip will drop as it is now swollen. so try to be patient. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Early Post Rhinoplasty Tip Position

+1
If you cast was just removed, you are much too early in the healing process to judge the results. In all likelihood, your tip is going to drop to a more pleasing position and shape. Make sure you stay in close communication with your surgeon as they he/she is the one who knows your nose best. Happy healing.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon