My nostrils look asymmetrical six weeks after my nose-job: is this caused by the swelling? (Photo)

Do I need a new nose-job? It's been 6 weeks since I've got the surgery done, and my nostrils seems to be uneven.

Nostril asymmetry only six weeks post-rhinoplasty may improve as your swelling resolves.

+2
If your nostril asymmetry does not improve with time, depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments to improve symmetry. In our practice, we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric nostrils at 6 weeks post rhinoplasty.

+2
Asymmetric nostrils at 6 weeks post rhinoplasty is not unusual. It takes 9-12 months for the swelling to subside. Be patient and it will prob. Be ok. 

Asymmetric Nostrils 6 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+2
Hi NJ,

It appears that there is asymmetry of your nostrils, but it also appears that they were that way in the pre-op photos.  Swellling may be contributing a bit, so you should wait at least a few months before considering any revision.  There is alar retraction of your right nostril which can be corrected with grafting.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino,CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nostril asymmetry

+2
Your nostrils to appear asymmetric in the photos. However, the limitations of the photographs that you posted makes it difficult to assess in relation to the rest of your face. Having had rhinoplasty just six weeks ago, you should expect that there is still plenty of swelling. In fact, it takes months and in some cases up to a year for the swelling to completely subside. Right now you need to give this time and see better what the final result will be.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1
It is way to soon to make any determination about the asymmetry of your nose. Your nose is very swollen still, and you will not see the final result for months. Your nose will continue to change as it settles into it's final shape.

Philip Miller, MD

Asymmetrical Nostril concerns

+1
Dear Nosejob101, Asymmetry may be present immediately after surgery and as the time goes by if the asymmetry persists then there is a higher likelihood of it not dissipating. With this said you are still in the early stages of recovery and will have to remain patient for a bit and wait for some more time to pass before you can determine this. I would certainly take this time to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to help put your mind at ease through the recoveryprocess. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

My nostrils look asymmetrical six weeks after my nose-job: is this caused by the swelling?

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.