How Long Do I Wear Each Invisalign Tray? (photo)
- Asked by MalenaScordia in Los Angeles, CA
- 1 year ago
I am currently on Tray 7 of 26 trays. I have included my pictures here and wanted the DDS doctor's opinions. I had two small teeth on the bottom that have turned over time and one of my top big teeth is slightly above the other. I also have an overbite. I wore braces when I was a teenager -I am currently in my mid 30s. I take very good care of my teeth. Do you recommend 2 or 3 weeks for each tray? Also for my teeth in the pictures what do you think? Thank you for your help.
How Long Do I Wear Each Invisalign Tray?
Thanks for providing the photos, and congratulation for taking care of your teeth, it shows your effort. We tell our patients to wear each aligner or tray for two full weeks, all the time and to take them out for eating only. If a patient did not wear a tray for at least 20 hours a day, we recommend to wear it for another day, but because patients wants to keep moving forward with treatment , this rarely happens. By the second week you might feel no pressure at all, but you have to wait for the surrounding bone around the root of the teeth to remodeled around the new movement. Keep it up !
How long shoudl I wear each invisalign tray for
Invisalign is recommended to be worn for 2 weeks, for at least 22 hours a day. If worn that way Invisalign is very effective. I would not wear them longer as it appears that your teeth are moving very well.
Four top tips for the most effective for Invisalign tray wear!
- Wear each tray for its recommended 2 weeks. Even though most, if not all, of the teeth movement occurs in the first few days, it's important to allow the important dynamic activity in the bone around these teeth to have sufficient time.
- Wear each tray for a minimum of 20-22 hours per day. If you leave them out for more than four hours, allow an extra day to the length of time to wearing that particular aligner tray.
- Change to your next aligner tray before bed instead of morning. This allows the tray to "settle in" making it easier to take in and out the next day.
- Keep your aligner trays clean and while cold beverages can be taken during wear, warm beverages can distort form and fit.
How Long to Wear Each Invisalign Tray
It looks like your teeth are moving just fine. I would recommend as little as 2 weeks per tray, assuming you are wearing your trays at least 22/7!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.