How Long Must I Wait to Get Lip Fillers After Permanent Lip Liner?

I received permanent lip liner to correct a loss of pigmentation on my upper lip. I am interested in receiving lip fillers to add on to my "new" lips. How long should I wait before getting the injections?

Lip fillers can be done 2 weeks after permanent lip liners.

+2

you want to wait 2 weeks after you do your permanent lip liner before you do lip fillers so as not to  get infections and to be able to see just were the liner settles down at.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers after permanet lip liner

+1

I'd wait for a couple of months between the permanent lip liner and having lip fillers to be certain the lips are fully healed from the permanent lip liner.

Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid can be performed soon after lip tatooing

+1

Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid can be performed soon after lip tatooing. This is because the filler is placed below the skin as opposed to ink which is placed high in the skin.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Filler and Permanent Makeup

+1

We recommend that patients wait until the lips are healed, peeled and the swelling has dissipated before having any fillers added, which usually takes 7-10 days but may be up to 2 weeks.  Permanent makeup and fillers are an excellent combination for beautiful, well defined, youthful looking lips.

Grant Stevens, MD

When to get filler after lip liner

+1

I'd recommend you wait a week to let your lips heal after your permanent liner before you get filler.  By then, all the swelling from your liner procedure will be resolved and you will be able to see the final result from your liner.  That way, it will be easier to more accurately assess how to place your filler and also prevent any infections.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Lip Augmenation after Permanent Lip Liner

+1

Your wait is not long at all.  I would usually suggest waiting about a week to ten days to allow any swelling associated with the permanent makeup application to subside.  Swelling from this procedure can obscure the shape of your lips, and might not allow for the most optimal augmentation.  Once all swelling is resolved the lips can be enhanced by a number of techniques including free fat transfer, artificial filler, or implants.  My suggestion is free fat transfer, which maintains the natural look and feel of the lips, with more permanence than artificial fillers.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permanent Lip Liners and Lip Augmentation.

+1

Dear BBlaine from Los Angeles, CA
The usual wait for lip augmentation after lip liner is about one week. Your want to allow swelling associated with the liner to subside. What type of material is going to be used to enhance your lips? Sincerely, Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

+1

Not long at all.  I'd wait a few weeks so the lip has fully healed and there's no swelling.  Injectable fillers and lip liners are great ways to rejuvenate the lips.

Ramtin Kassir, Facial Plastic Surgeon NY, NJ

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip liner is much more superficial than where the fillers are injected. Therefore you can have the fillers once the lip liner is completely healed

Fillers in lip after lip liner

+1

I would wait until the permanent lip liner has healed. I think that 1-2 weeks is probably all right.