How long does it take for the initial lumps to disappear after fat transfer to the face?

I’m not talking about the calcified necrotic fibrous lumps that can be the eventual result of a bad transfer. I mean the firm lumps that can be felt inside the soft edema during the first weeks after the procedure. Quote from Dr. Huang’s website (20 years of fat transfer experience): lots of swelling and bruising and lumps and bumps. Thank you.

Fat Transfer "Lumps"

+1
Typically it takes 10-14 days for the swelling and edema to go down.  I rarely get any "lumps" or "bumps" from my fat injections, especially if the fat is very homogenous, injected in small aliquots/threads, and is massaged lightly post treatment.  I suggest you go back to your injecting physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.