Best Liposuction Method for ONLY Back of Legs?

I have a layer of fat only on the very back of my leg, not really on the inner or outer thigh at all.. I have seen and heard horror stories of women who had lipo done to that area and their butt fell from lack of leg support OR they developed horrible rippling because the area is so tricky to liposuction. What would be the best method for that area? What causes the least amount of rippling and how much leg area should be left alone to avoid the butt falling?

Liposuction of calves and back of legs

+1

liposuction can be performed effectively for the calves and the legs. Results depend on the amount of fat and skin ellasticity. patients have to be aware that massage and exercise after liposuction is very important for avoiding lumpiness.

Best Method for Liposuction

+1

The best method for fixing your problem has far more to do with finding a great surgeon than the type of liposuction, which is largely irrelevant.  Your issue is not uncommon, and different surgeons will utilize whatever machine they may have in their office- find a surgeon you are comfortable with as far as experience and before and after photos, and you will likely get awesome results!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Posterior Thigh

+1

Liposuction of the posterior thigh can be very successful and have excellent results. Patients should look for the right surgeon who is highly experienced in liposuction. I will often liposuction the posterior thigh to enhance the contour of the inner and outer thigh and create a round, contoured buttocks.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Liposuction techniques

+1

The answer to your questions is just to find an experienced plastic surgeon that has great results with liposuction that can show you his/her results. The techniques used and equipment that is available for the most part really do not  matter. The surgeon is the pivotal part of the equation and not the method or technique. I personally prefer to use very small cannulas (3mm) and a slightly lower setting with my PAL system for tricky areas like the posterior thigh. But other surgeons might have equal or better results with a different technique. Bad liposuction is usually a result of inexperience. Avoid allowing anyone other than a board certified plastic surgeon to complete your procedure. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Posterior Thighs not Buttock

+1

Liposuction of posterior thighs is a perfectly reasonable request, but the buttock and buttock crease should not be disrupted.  I suction this area most frequently during the Brazilian butt lift to give the appearance of a more rounded or more prominent buttock with better shape.

Liposuction of the "Bannana Roll"

+1

A fat bulge beneath the buttocks is a source of self consciousness for many women.  Improvement of this area has more to do with the judgement and experience of your operating surgeon than the type of machine used for the procedure.  Improvement in your area of concern may require work on adjacent areas, such as the lateral buttock fold.  It is best to find an experienced surgeon (certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery) to consult with, describe what your goal is and then hear the possibilities.  If you come with your thinking already fixed you may may not be open to what is best for you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Poor Liposuction Results

+1

• the buttock fat roll - the fat directly under the buttock should never be liposuctioned. It supports the buttock,
rippling is a risk of liposuction, when fat lies directly under the skin surface, and it often does.
fat in the mid-thigh can and often is removed with liposuction,
• the best technique is that by a well trained, experienced ABMS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Method not as important as experience for liposuction of thighs.

+1

Thigh liposuction can be performed successfully with almost all types of liposuction including traditional tumescent liposuction, Vaser, or Smartlipo. Liposuction of the thighs requires experience as it is an area that allows for little room for error. Go to an experienced and certified plastic surgeon for best results. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Best method for liposuction of the thighs

+1

If the end result of liposuction only depended on the machine used to do it, our lives would be easy and anyone could do it for you.  I truly believe that the end result does not depend on the specific type of liposuction, but rather on the surgeon who is doing the surgery -- you are relying on his or her skills, experience, and judgement.  I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Lipo on Back of Leg

+1

There is not a one size fits all approach to liposuction.  The procedure and technique needs to e customized to each patient's individual anatomy.  Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give  you specific advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD