Best Laser for Lip Lines?

having revision rhinoplasty in a few weeks & while under, thought i would try to address my deep "smokers lines"- though i am not a smoker, do drink a lot of water,coffee, use straws, etc all of which caused a permanent pucker. as i'm 44 it's too early for my lips to be this wrinkled! my surgeon recommended lasering the area (C02 laser - not sure which one) or he said i could do a combo of botox/filler in the lines. wondering if results are worth doing laser? how effective for this area? thanks.

Fraxel then belotero and botox

+1

I would recommend doing a series of fraxel treatments for the lip lines (minimal downtime after each treatment) followed by Belotero injections and a drop of botox.  I would do the laser first, because you might need less filler once the laser is done.

Best Laser for Lip Lines

+1

Thank you for your question. I also like the CO2 laser for lip lines.  I do think that the laser alone is not enough in some cases where the lines are very deep, and you may need to add a filler in the area of the deep line area to add body or volume.  In addition if laser and filler are not enough, then add Botox on the crease, especially if it appears worse with lip movement. Relaxing the muscle can benefit with Botox.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Treatment of lip lines

+1

It is true that lip lines can be treated with Botox/fillers or laser.  The difference is that the Botox and filler effect would be temporary.  If you had a CO2 laser, the results should be longer lasting.  Since you're already going to be under anesthesia for the rhinoplasty and you're going to be in recovery for a week or so anyway, I would probably recommend the laser.  As long as your a good candidate for the laser, it can give longer lasting results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon