Keloid Scars and Treatments?

I have keloid scars on my head, shoulder, arm, and hip from accident/surgery. The scars were raised and bright red in color for about a year. Few months ago, I got something injected on the area of scars to hopefully reduce the swelling and redness. The swelling has gotten better but it is still red. What are the other best options to fade the scars? Thank you...

Scar therapy

+1
From the description I'm guessing you have a hypertrophic scar not a keloid. Many times people (and physicians) mistake hypertrophic for keloid scars simply because "keloid" is so commonly used/assumed. 
The gold standard for hypertrophic (thickened, raised and red &/or darkly pigmented) scar therapy is pressure and time - occasionally a year or more. If this fails then scar revision surgery may be considered. Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are typically permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, burn scars and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Keloid Scar Revision

+1
Hi Yubin.  Our protocol is very much in line with what Dr. Emer described.  We use a steroid (Kenalog) to shrink the scars first and once they are flat, we use a pulsed dye laser (V-Beam or V-Star) to remove the redness.  Take a look at the scar removal before and after photos for our Los Angeles patients at the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Scar Treatments

+1
There are many treatments used for keloids, unfortunately not one is better than another.  However, in combination they work better than one individually.  If injections helped shrink the scar but they are still red, I do laser treatments (Excel V or Pulsed Dye) in combination with Biocorneum gel.  I suggest you see someone who is experienced in the treatment of scars and keloids.  Best, Dr. Emer.