Juvederm lips. One year post touch up, Uneven lips

I've been getting my lips done for 5 years now. I've gotten to the point that I only need touch ups once a year now & very little (1/4 a syringe or less). It's been a year since my last. The volume is down but still full,, but I've noticed the right side, close to mid lip is fuller and w/ a puff. It looks irregular. Would a drop on the left side even it out w/o causing more irregularity ? I've used a tiny bit of Belotero once and I liked it. I have an event in a month. Thanks!

Lips irregular after years of filler

+3
You did not provide photos so it is difficult to know with certainty, but you may be one of those rare patients who begin to develop a little fibrous tissue in the lips with years of treatment (which happens especially if a non-HA filler has been used, by the way).  This can be resolved with prescription medications Protopic and Retin-A.  You might need just a drop of an HA filler as well, and #Beletero or #Restylane would be good choices.

If you want to see someone in LA who is very familiar with this problem, I can recommend #Ava Shamban, MD.

If it has been a year since your last injection it may be appropriate to add a small amount of filler to the left side.

+1
If it has been a year since your last injection it may be appropriate to add a small amount of filler to the left side. Although, if you're concerned about irregularity you may want to have everything dissolved and then start over with a new injection. Speak with your Dr / injector and have a consultation where they can evaluate you in person. 

Hope this helps. Best of Luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Uneven lips with Juvederm

+1
Without photos this is hard to answer specifically, so either post photos so we can answer better, or choose some respected physician injectors for some in-person consultations. In general, your choices would be to add a bit to the other side, or to have the tiny bit extra on the right side removed. But it would be best to get on this asap so you have time for swelling to resolve before your event in a month.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Uneven lips after Juvederm

+1
Hi Lil10. It's difficult to answer your question appropriately without seeing pictures of the issue you are having. The best thing to do is either post a picture, or be seen for an in-person evaluation. Juvederm in the lips can last anywhere from 9 months to 1.5 years in some cases. If you do need additional product then I recommend getting it done now before your event. That will give enough time for the swelling to subside. 

To see before and after pictures of lip enhancements that I have done for patients in Los Angeles using Juvederm and Belotero you can click on the link below. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon