Internal Ptosis Repair Surgery?

I set up an appointment with my Oculoplastic Surgeon and I'm in the process of scheduling a date and time for the surgery. It is internal ptosis repair of the muller, I believe. He says that I need a day to rest after the surgery because of the anesthesia and a week without lifting or working out. - How long will my eye be swollen for? - When can I start wearing contacts again? Please help with anything you can! I know very little about this internal approach to my upcoming surgery.

Recovery after ptosis surgery

+1

Internal ptosis surgery is a common procedure performed by most oculoplastic surgeons. As with most eyelid operations, the eyelids will be swollen/bruised for 7-10 days, during which time strenous activity is not recommended.  Contact lens can be worn about 7-10 days after the operation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Internal Ptosis Repair Surgery?

+1

These are questions best answered by your surgeon directly.  Every surgeon does things a little differently and the worst thing you can do is not follow his instructions.  I am sure that he or his office staff will answer your questions directly.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis surgery

+1

There are a number of different surgical procedures designed to correct eyelid ptosis, including shortening and/or repair of Muller's muscle.  Swelling after any eyelid surgery can vary, but usually subsides within 3 to 6 weeks.  With regard to when you may start wearing contacts, check with your surgeon, as this will depend on how fast you are healing and how good your tear production is.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon