Is it necessary to gain weight in order to have the best quality results for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
Weight gain before a cosmetic procedure is not typically advisable. Please upload photos and your measurements or have a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon for the best advice and a discussion of your best options. 

+1
Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
For most people it's not normally necessary, or healthy, to gain weight.  [If (of course) you're underweight then you may need to gain some weight for purposes of health.]  And even if you were to gain weight, there is no way to know in advance where it will go (ie, whether it will be in an accessible area).

So the answer is not usually - and if you're deficient in donor fat you may not be able to get an adequate result, even if you were successful in putting on weight.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1
Gaining weight in preparation for BBL is a myth and makes no sense. 
You can never predict where the gained fat will be stored besides it is not good for your health. The gained fat may store in places that may not qualify as future fat donor sites and you may end up being stuck with them after surgery.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

+1
The only time I recommend gaining weight prior to the BBL is if there is insufficient donor fat. Otherwise I do not recommend it. I can use fat from various parts of the body which also helps with the body contouring. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1
I do not typically recommend weight gain.  I think that most of the answer depends upon how aggressively the liposuction is performed. Aggressive refers to removing a larger volume of fat very carefully so as to avoid contour deformities. Find an expert at BBLs who has good before and after pictures and good reviews.