Facial Mole Removal. What Treatment Do You Suggest?

Hello, I have several moles on my face. They are all relatively circular and around 2 maybe 3 mm in diameter. All of these moles are basically flat. I have been to a dermatologist who said that they are benign. I am a 15 year old male and have had them for most of my life. My mom has had 2 melanomas though. What treatment would you suggest? Excision, Laser, Radiosurgery? What should I expect in terms of scarring, because if I will have a noticable scar, I would rather keep the moles. Thank You!.

Mole removal

+1

If the moles are flat, then a punch excision may be done.  Whatever procedure that you do, moles should also be sent to pathology to confirm whether or not they are benign.

Radiofrequency 4 mole removal

+1

We have years of experience with the removal of moles with radio frequency. A part of the mole will be sent to the lab for examination. The root of the mole is removed with radio frequency.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Most facial mole removals don't leave any noticeable scar

+1

Removing facial moles is truly an artform and makes such a dramatic improvement for so many patients. There are several methods of removing moles with minimizing the scar that it is ridiculous to be running around looking like a troll with ugly moles. Once i see the moles then i can advise you of the best methods of removal and i do all the methods possible. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Methods of facial mole removal

+1

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique. I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser or liquid nitrogen as your primary treatment for removing a mole.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Removal of facial moles

+1

There are different options for removing your moles. Most commonly, a surgical technique such as shave excision (no stitches) is used, although depending on the size, depth, and location of your mole, a deeper excision with stitches may be required. Less commonly, laser or liquid nitrogen can be used for flat moles, best to speak with your dermatologist about the best cosmetic treatment option for your particular moles. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon