Diced Cartilage Graft with or without Fascia for Asian Rhinoplasty Bridge Augmentation?

I removed a silicone implant a few years ago and it left me with a very low bridge. I am looking to get an Asian Revision Rhinoplasty w/ a Diced Cartilage Graft (DCG) to increase the bridge of my nose and some minor tip work. I have heard DCG can start to show through the skin, but I also heard that Diced Cartilage Wrapped in Fascia (DCGWIF) can reabsorb unevenly. Does anyone have any comments or advice on DCG vs. DCGWIF? Also, does the graft become become fused with the nose or can it move?

Options for dorsal augmentation Asian rhinoplasty, including diced cartilage with fascia (DCF)

+1

Diced cartilage with fascia (DCF) provides predictable and permanent augmentation. Since it is made entirely of tissue from your own body, after 2-3 weeks the graft becomes incorporated into your nose and will not move or migrate. The cartilage remains viable and does not resorb, and this has been validated in multiple animal and clinical studies.

Diced cartilage which is not wrapped in fascia has applications in the nose - as a camouflage or contouring graft - but does not work well for dorsal augmentation. The issue of displacement and movement underneath the skin envelope, as well as possible visibility, make it far inferior to diced cartilage wrapped in fascia for this application.

Diced cartilage and fascia graft

+1

This technique for augmentation in Asian noses was introduced and popularized by Dr. Rollin Daniel a very well known and respected plastic surgeon. He is located in southern California as well. I suggest you contact his office for more information.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon