3 months post-op. How soon after the operation can Dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) be repeated?

I recently had a spot dermabrasion procedure localized to just the left cheek area. At this point, it has been 3 months since the dermabrasion, which was done to soften acne scars. I got decent improvement, but want to repeat the procedure to soften the scars even more. Given that everything healed well in the end, what's the soonest I can repeat the Dermabrasion.

Dermabrasion

+1
Hello mfan17, 

Thank you for the questions.

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

Most often I have patients wait at least 6 months to see how well the response to the first treatment was.  This is more conservative and allows the scar to mature (good thing). 

Some physicians wait 12 months.

Good luck.

Dr. Shadfar

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon