I'm 5 days post op and my back muscles burn line they are spasming. Belly button feels swollen and tight. Is this normal?

My back muscles burn like they are spasming and my abd above my belly button feels very swollen like it is protruding out. Feels so tight today.....is this normal?

+1
Having discomfort in your back muscles is common after abdominoplasty, particularly if you have had significant tightening of the abdominal wall and/or liposuction along with the surgery. It is also normal to feel swollen and tight along the front as well. Let your surgeon know how you are feeling and follow her/his recommendations for your after care.

Alexandria Plastic Surgeon