Does Coolsculpting Under the Buttocks Cause Butt Sagging?

I exercise regularly but cant take inches off the area on the BACK of my legs from the buttcheek to knee. I am considering coolsculpting,but I have concerns!1)I know lipo can cause rippling sometimes,what about with coolsculpting2) Is coolsculpting directly under the buttocks recommended,I know with lipo of that area can definitely cause sagging for a lot of people.What are the chances of coolscultping banana roll area causing saggier butt? 3)Will previous liposuction = higher risk of rippling?

CoolSculpting Under the Buttocks

+2

Hello Lidia, Thanks for your question about CoolSculpting for the area in the back of your legs from your buttocks to knee area.  CoolSculpting would not be a good option for this area and is not an FDA approved for treatment of the thighs at this time.  There are many advances in liposuction that could help you achieve your goals for slimmer, smoother thighs.  If cellulite is an issue for you, Cellulaze offers very nice results which might address your concerns about ripples or uneven surface.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body-contouring.  They should be able to help you achieve your goals for slimmer thighs without rippling or sagging.  

Web reference: http://stevenringlermd.com/body-procedures-grand-rapids/cellulaze-laser-cellulite-treatment/

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is not yet FDA cleared for thigh fat loss

+1

More studies need to be done to investigate the safety of doing CoolSculpting near the banana roll. Liposuction can damage the fascial structural supporting ligaments via the cannula movement but there is not such invasive motion with the CoolSculpting. There is however, suction and pulling with CoolSculpting that would need to be examined to see if this would damage the supporting structure of the buttock over the upper part of the back of the thigh.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

CoolSculpting and skin tightening

+1

If your skin is not very firm then yes, CoolSculpting might creating some sagging on the back of the legs under the buttocks.  For areas like the upper arms that may have minimal sagging, some of our clients elect to have CoolSculpting performed in conjunction with laser skin tightening

Web reference: http://www.coolsculpting-raleigh.com/

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Buttock Area

+1

Coolsculpting for this area is not FDA approved so you have to know that if you are treated it will be "off label".  

Each patient is different with exactly what procedure will work best for them so I suggest that you visit with a doctor who performs Coolsculpting and have an examination to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

Coolsculpting under the buttock....

+1

Coolsculpting is not FDA cleared for the buttock area, although I am aware that some physicians treat this area off label  (I do not).  If you have treatment of this area you may be at risk for unknown side effects including "sagging" of the buttock.  My advice would be to see a board certicfied physician in your area for further information.

Coolsculpting on the buttock

+1

Coolsculpting on the buttock is an off label non FDA approved use of Coolsculpting. There are risks associated with treatment in this area and suggest you discuss this with your doctor but we do not treat this area in our office.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.