Is Coolaser Better Than Ulthera for Crowsfeet?

I recently consulted with several doctors and have been doing online research. I saw a laser called Coolaser online which is used for wrinkles and pigmentation problems. I am conflicted if I should use Ulthera or Coolaser for lax skin in the eye area. I have already tried Total FX and it did nothing for that area! I do not need a laser for pigmentation issues, only crinkling and and the beginning signs of sagging on the under brow skin.

Upper face tightening with Ultherapy in Los Angeles

+1

Botox and Ulthera will help elevate and tighten the crows feet and lateral brow areas. Ultherapy can tighten the deeper layers of tissue in this area. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Eyelid wrinkles treated with Botox ultherapy fraxel thermage cootouch Pelleve etc

+1

Wrinkles that are caused by muscle contraction, such as squinting around the eyes, are improved with Botox better than other treatments, however, Botox sometimes is not used in a certain area as it can cause functional problems if important muscle functions are blocked.

Ultherapy is an effective tightening tool, as is Pelleve. The former uses ultrasound and the latter, radiofrequency. Thermage has not given my patients better results than Pelleve, and Pelleve is not painful.

I had not found cooltouch to be beneficial but I know there are other physicians who would claim they get good results from that treatment.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Cooltouch vs Ultherapy

+1

Cooltouch targets the dermis where the collagen lies, similar to Thermage and Ultherapy targets the deeper dermis and layers beneath it.  In my opinion, the most effective non surgical tightening treatment currently on the market is Ultherapy because it more completely treats the area.  That being said, Botox will give you a great result if your wrinkles are worse when you squint and hardly there otherwise, but you have to get injections every 3-4 months.

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Cool laser and ulthera

+1

Ulthera is a great option for tightening the forehead area and reducing the appearance of crows feet. Another option would be Botox if you specifically want to focus on crow's feet. Or you could do both! Many clients choose to  combine procedures for the ultimate results.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Many options for crow's feet

+1

There are 2 main reasons for crow's feet: hyperactive muscles of expression, and intrinsic aging of the skin from factors such as sun exposure. Botox works well for the first cause, and skin rejuvenation procedures address the second issue. This can be laser peels, chemical peels, Ulthera, and many others. An in-person consultation and analysis of the condition is necessary to get specific advice.

Richard Baxter, MD