Breast Reduction and Augmentation Procedures? (photo)

I was wondering if it is possible to have a reduction with a small breast implant? Or should i save up to get the reduction first, then an implant later. Yes, i know alot of people say I may like how they look post reduction, but ive been looking for years, and i hate how most of the breasts look with just a reduction. I am a 38 H and i want to be a full C or small D but i dont want that semi droopy look, i want mine full, perfectly round, &perky. Tired of back pain, etc! Had it since 10yrs old

+2

Clothed posted photos are of NO help. Best to obtain in person opinions. I rarely offer this combination at the same surgery. 

Breast Reduction and Augmentation Procedures?

+2

A well performed Breast Reduction can achieve the size and shape you desire. If you have Upper Pole hollowing and hence no cleavage, but you desire a good cleavage, then depending on the circumstances your PS may consider an implant at the time of the reduction. Speak to your PS about your concerns.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction with breast augmentation there is a make much sense.

+2

Breast reduction is an operation meant to reduce the weight of the breasts. Breast augmentation increases volume and weight. These operations are gods one another. The well performed breast reduction. In most circumstances should leave an excellent shape and projection.

Breast reduction first?

+2

I think with large breasts, you can have a reduction and probably achieve what you want. Best to search around.

Breast Prodecures

+1
I do not favor using an implant when doing a breast reduction as it does not make any sense. I can perform a reduction that eliminates excess skin and breast tissue to a size that the patient would like, If after six or more months the patient whats to go bigger an implant could be inserted. Nipple survival relies on blood supply that could be interupted by inserting an implant at the time of surgery.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Breast reduction & augmentation?

+1

Thank you for your question.  In my opinion, it is counterintuitive to have a reduction and then an implant inserted.   With a well chosen and performed breast reduction/ lift, you should have a nice result, but it still may not be what you want.  If you a 38H, you may not be able to achieve a good full C look because you breast base diameter, right now, would be above 20cm.   So best to seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the options available to you.  Good luck!

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Breast Augmentation Possible?

+1

Yes, it is possible to have a breast reduction and breast augmentation done at the same time;  given your current breast size and goals,  I would probably advise that you do so in 2 stages. In other words, have the breast reduction performed  after careful selection of your plastic surgeon and clear communication of your goals. Hopefully, you will be able to achieve your goals without breast implants.

If you do not achieve the upper pole volume ( “round and perky”) look that you are looking for, breast augmentation surgery can be performed ( more safely) at a later date.

+1

Breast reduction can usually produce the high and full look with carefully constructed and tight skin envelope.  Implants can be added if necessary but this would depend upon an individual's anatomy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions, breast augmentations, and breast lift procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reduction Simultaneous With Placement of Implants?

+1

Reducing breasts that are causing back pain and augmenting them simultaneously with implants seems to be defeating the purpose.  Usually with good quality breast tissue the outcome of a breast reduction, if done properly by an experienced plastic surgeon, will be "full, round, and perky".  However, if you are looking for "perfection" you might as well not have the surgery.  But if you go at it with reasonable and realistic expectations, I highly recommend that you first have the reduction by an experienced plastic surgeon who can show you sample photos of his/her work to your liking, and think about implants later if necessary.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS