Breast Lift/Augmentation- Too Large? (photo)

It has been 3 months since my breast augmentation and crescent lift. I had expressed to my doctor my desire to have more shape, but did not want to be any larger than my current C/D cup. His recommendation was a crescent lift and 400 cc, gel, under the muscle. From day 1 I knew I was substantially larger than I had expected; however I continued to wait the 3 months to see if the swelling would subside and be what I wanted. I am now a DD/DDD. What can I do, and how long do I wait to revise?

Revision of Breast Augmentation and Lift

+3

I would say you could have your revision anytime.  You will probably need a standard lift if you down size the implant but I would think that is a better route than keeping in a implant that is too large.  I am not a big fan of the crescent lift.  Alternatively you may be a candidate for concentric lift. Talk to your PS. The reason you need to wait at least three months is to make sure the implant have completely settled into the pocket. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breasts are too large after augmentation and lift

+3

You should wait three months before you have a revision. At this time you could down size your implants and have a small lift with an incision all the way around the areola that will raise your nipples and decrease your areola diameter.  I would discuss your concerns with your PS because anytime you add volume to the breast you are going to increase in size, he should have informed you of this from the beginning.  I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel 

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+2

If you feel that you are too larger, then you can potentially undergo a revision with smaller implants and wither a circumareola lift or vertical lift as needed. An exam would be helpful.

Too Large after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Generally speaking, I would suggest patients wait  approximately 6 months after the initial procedure before deciding whether they really wish to undergo further surgery. In your case, it sounds like you are quite firm in your desire to downsize breasts implants. As you know, additional breast lifting may be necessary as well.

As you have learned, careful communication with your plastic surgeon will be critical. Communicate your goals clearly. In my practice, the use of goal pictures is very helpful in this process.

Unsatisfied with large implants

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photo.

I am sorry that you are frustrated and that you have to go through another surgery to replace your currently large implants.

Normally, some patients can get a revision surgery as early as 3-4 months post-op while others may have to wait longer. The gist is that the patient has to attain a certain level of recovery before undergoing another surgery - at least when the swelling subsides almost completely.

Another point to be addresses is the patient-surgeon communication. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. After all, the success of your revision will be attributed to how well of a team you and your surgeon are.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Too Large?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the photo attached. The most important thing you can do is to be sure you are communicating properly with your chosen surgeon, and make sure the surgeon understands your goal.  A 400 cc implant can be expected to give about a 2 cup size increase in size, and that seems to be what you describe.

I feel that you can do your secondary procedure any time. If your size was OK before your surgery, your best bet would be  to have the implants removed entirely, and to proceed with a full anchor pattern breast lift. The alternative would be to switch to a smaller implant, but from what I read in your question, your starting size was satisfactory. 

Make certain that your surgeon understands what your goal is. Thank you for your question and for the attached photo. Best wishes.

I am too big after breast enlargement. What to do?

+1

Forgive me, but I have to ask: Why did you bother with the expense, risk, long term complications and inconvenience of implants when you didn't want bigger breasts in the first place! Furthermore, 400cc implants are way above average size.

Implants are primarily for augmentation, but silicone is no substitute for healthy breast tissue. If you need 'reshaping' then a well-trained Board Certified Plastic Surgeon can do this without using breast implants. I am sure you were told that the use of implants in this way would make the breasts 'perky.' I have heard the same story from dozens of disgruntled patients. It is an urban myth. There is a world of difference between 'perky' and 'bulbous' as I am sure you now realize.

And, yes, you may be revised at any time. Good luck!

J. Brian Boyd, MD