Bottomed out Even After Internal Sutures.. Am I Just Not a Candidate for a BA? (photo)

First BA (infra incision) in 2007 w/ submuscular silicone (250cc), bottomed out within 3 months on my right side. Explanted, and tried again (2011) w/ a revision specialist, & submuscular saline (275cc) mod profile & internal bra on both sides. Bottomed out again on same side. Dr. was surprised given the aggressive internal sutures. I’m explanted now, but want to try again. Dr. suggested Strattice, but can’t guarantee it won’t happen again. Am I not a candidate for a BA? Pics attached

Bottomed out Even After Internal Sutures.. Am I Just Not a Candidate for a BA

Thank you for your question.  Sorry your are experiencing bottoming out for the second time.  There can be a high recurrence rate when elevating the inframammary fold.  For your third surgery I would recommend acellular dermal matrix, Seri or similar product.  Use an underwire bra at all times for 6-12 weeks.   Discuss your option with your board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes.

5880 Ashmill Dr
Plano, TX 75024

Bottomed-out even after internal sutures. Am I just not a candidate for a breast augmentation?

Hello!  Thank you for your question!  Given your history of failed attempts at revision to correct symmetry and shape issues, consideration for either an acellular dermal matrix or mesh-type substitute is reasonable.  A capsulorrhaphy would be needed for revision of your breast pocket. If you do need such, the use of a dermal matrix or mesh may be considered if your tissue now has significant laxity that is failing in support or a significant deformity in which recreation of the breast pocket is required along with adding additional support and coverage of the implant.  Certainly, the larger the implant, the heavier the weight...thus, it may be useful to consider placement of a matrix or mesh. Otherwise, capsulorrhaphy for pocket revision using your native tissue should suffice.  It has been used safely and effectively to correct synmastia, restore the inframammary fold, mask implant issues (e.g., rippling, wrinkling, etc.), and improve aesthetic results in revisionary breast implant and reconstructive procedures.  However, only by physical examination would one be able to make recommendations on the benefits over the risk of using a matrix or mesh in your situation. 

Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures and the use of dermal matrices and mesh in breast procedures who will assist you in determining which procedure(s) would be the best for you.

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

8900 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Easeally to correct by subfascial way/ muy facil de corregir por via SUBFASCIAL

your problem is quite usual when submuscle way is done, now we  avoid bottiming out by subfascial way.

su problema es muy comun cuando se usa la via  submuscular  es facil de corregir y de evitar por via subfascial

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T