Would I benefit more with a Blepharoplasty or fillers for my eyebags? (photos)

Same story - I'm tired of being asked if I got any sleep, why do I look so tired, etc. I'm almost 50 yrs old & so full of energy but my eyes tell a different story. I've had fillers before but of course, it wears out after awhile. I'm interested in blepharoplasty but since I have Asian eyes, I'm scared of looking "surprised". Please help

When fillers have failed

+2
and if you have adequate and overly generous fat pads, a lower lid blepharoplasty would be much more beneficial for you.  They are usually done through the inside of the lid and do not make you look surprise in any way.

Asian blepharoplasty

+1
Blepharoplasty would give a more dramatic and longer lasting result. It important to consult with a plastic surgeon that is experienced in Asian blepharoplasty, because the anatomy of the Asian eyelid differs from other races and it is important to preserve a “natural” appearance after surgery.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1
Judging by your photos, I believe that upper and lower blepharoplasties would be a much better choice than fillers to the eyelids. 

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Lower blepharoplasty or fillers

+1
It appears that you would be best served by a lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning. Although fillers could make some improvement you would most likely achieve a better result with surgery. Of course, this depends on in office consultation.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit more with a Blepharoplasty or fillers for my eyebags?

+1
It is hard to give you a good recommendation without seeing you.  It is certainly worth your while to get personal consultations from experienced eyelid surgeons. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty vs fillers for lower eyelids

+1
Some would benefit from fillers more and others would benefit from surgery more  Fillers are good option to fill the hollow lower eyelid area but a better option for you maybe lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning, where the existing "bags" or fat is repositioned to fill the hollow area underneath it.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1
Generally speaking, fillers are temporary. Surgery tends to give longer lasting results.
Looking at your picture, you have excess skin along with fat pockets in your lower lids.
You are best served with a standard blepharoplasty with conservative skin excision to your upper eyelids, pending thorough clinical evaluation.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Blepharoplasty or Fillers

+1
Thank you for your question. Looking at your pictures, you have both loos skin crinkling up under your eyes and you have baggy lower kids from fat herniation. Furthermore, you have a hollowing of your infra orbital rim. For your situation, I would recommend a blepharoplasty procedure where the excess lower lid skin is removed and the extra lower lid fat also removed, followed by using this eyelid fatty tissue to fill in your orbital rim depression. Fillers alone may correct the orbital rim depression, but will not solve the extra skin and fatty tissue. 

Perry Liu, MD

+1
You would probably get more benefit from a blepharoplasty, but it would take an exam to be sure. Get a consultation and your questions will be answered.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1
   Probably eyelid surgery, but it is more difficult to evaluate in animation that at rest.