Do you think I would benefit from Rhinoplasty, Blepharoplasty, and possibly a filler on cheek area? (photo)

I've been contemplating having the above procedures done within the next 2 months or so. I've never liked my nose. I think it's too wide and thick skinned. Got some hollow tear troughs and I think I need some volume on my cheeks and temple areas. Last thing, is I'd like to remove or minimize the scars on my forehead and the daily reminder of a pretty severe car accident. No hair! I love my bald head :)

Facial Enhancements

+2

Having enhancements to the face is always a personal decision.  However, if you are contemplating having rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, and cheek enhancement, it is recommended that you have an in-person consultation.  3-dimensional computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like with your enhancements before you commit to having anything done.  Additionally, men having facial enhancements have very different goals from women and it is important not to feminize the face!  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Multiple procedures

+2

You appear to be a good candidate for eyelid surgery.  I would forget the tear trough thing, it's a waste of time and money. As far as your nose, it can be reduced, but you correctly point out that you have thick skin and that will limit the amount of definition that can be obtained from the surgery.  I still believe the rhinoplasty would be worthwhile as long as you understand the limitations given your thick skin.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty

+2
 Performing facial cosmetic surgery is a personal decision and this can only be made by yourself, not anyone else. It's also very difficult to give an adequate opinion on only one  animated photograph.
The goal of an upper blepharoplasty procedures to remove excess skin and a small amount of fat creating the puffiness look on the upper eyelids.
The goal of a rhinoplasty is to reduce the overall projection  and width of the nose, while still maintaining structural integrity and making sure the nose components balance with  themselves and your facial features.
For more information and our  Rhinoplasty and Eyelid photo gallery, please see the link below to get an idea of what can and cannot be accomplished with both procedures.

I would be careful.

+2

You have a nose that will be challenging to refine.  Not impossible.  You need to carefully assess surgeons for rhinoplasty.  The big challenge is that we often assume the a board certified plastic surgeon will be the right surgeon for the job.  While this can be true, it can also be the case that the plastic surgeon is fundamentally inadequately trained to be performing rhinoplasty.  Rhinoplasty is a very broad and challenging surgery.  Generally you need to find a surgeon is deeply fellowship trained in rhinoplasty.  This may be a facial plastic surgeon who has completed board certification in otolaryngology and a fellowship in facial plastic surgery.  It could also be a general plastic surgeon who has completed one or more years of fellowship training in aesthetics and then has devoted a large part of their practice to cosmetic rhinoplasty.  Surgeons who have complete a basic residency  in  plastic surgery residency in my opinion is less likely to have the skills, training and experience to adequately perform rhinoplasty adequately.  It is important to understand that plastic surgeon is a very broad field and plastic surgeon residents can complete an entire residency without every being the primary surgeon on a rhinoplasty.  So caution is advised. Also study the website.  If you see no patients with noses like yours but only say young girls with small thin noses, it is reasonable to wonder if the surgeon will be right for you.

Regarding the other issues, I recommend dipping your toe in the water by starting with BOTOX and fillers.  These will wear off if there is an issue.  And try to stay away from the blue plate special where you have the nose, the eyes and anything else the surgeon can think of at the same time.

Rhinoplasty

+2

From the one view you have sent you would clearly benefit from a rhinoplasty and fillers or fat to your forehead.  I would need to do a complete examination to comment on eyelid surgery.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinplasty, Blepharoplasty, Fillers

+2

Your one picture provides limited information. Your nose does look large and wide; a rhinoplasty would give you a nose that is smaller and more proportional. I cannot comment on fillers or a blepharoplasty because you're smiling in the photo. Go to my website for instructions on proper views to submit for nasal and eye evaluation.

Do you think I would benefit from Rhinoplasty, Blepharoplasty, and possibly a filler on cheek area?

+2

If the appearance of the areas that you mentioned concern you, they can be cosmetically improved. Only you can determine if you would benefit from undergoing the procedures to correct those features.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Filler

+2
there is a new product called  Lumena from Allergan! Great product. Nice alternative to cheek implants.  

Ben Childers, MD

+2
All of those things are probably reasonable.  Rhinoplasty can create a tip that is refined, and the overall nose can be made smaller.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplast

+1
Your photo is suboptimal for evaluation of you facial featured however a cursory viwing of your picture does suggest that a rhinoplasty and possibly blepharoplasty could be beneficial for you. Your cheek do not appear in need of a filler at least judging from your photo. You need to have adequate photos taken and be evaluated by a  board certified plastic surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty. Good luck

Hossein A. Najafi, MD