Is It Possible to Get Bbl and a Ba if Your Are Anemic and over Weight I Am Currently 5"6" 199.6lbs?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

Having anemia should be investigated as to what is the cause. Then a treatment plan should be formulated with your family physician. Once the blood level is back to normal then you can have elective cosmetic surgery. Meanwhile try to loose weight, good diet and exercise, that will decrease your surgical risk.

Is It Possible to Get Bbl and a Ba if Your Are Anemic and over Weight ?

+3

No anemic patient should undergo an elective surgery. Overweight rises the risks for complications also.

BBL requires a liposuction for fat harvesting , which may cause some blood loss. Before going in for any surgery , try to be as healthy as possible, so that you can have a quick and safe recovery

Best wishes  

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

+2

Thank you for your question, The Hemoglobin test is one of the most important labwork tests among the preop bloodwork tests, Anemia after surgery has been linked to a higher risk of infection, a longer need for breathing assistance with a ventilator, and higher death rates than seen in people who do not have anemia after surgery. Patients who have anemia before surgery, are more likely to need blood transfusions, have long hospital stays, and die during or after surgery than those who do not have anemia. In our facilities we do the preoperative Bloodwork two to three weeks before the surgery, to ensure that your hemoglobin levels are within the normal range. If they not where to be normal, I usually prescribe Iron pills or Iron supplements.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

If the anemia is treated to the extent that the surgery is safe and there are no other medical issues, the two procedures can be performed.  You may want to consider some weight loss to get the best result, but pictures or an exam would be necessary to confirm this.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA