Asian Rhinoplasty - please clearly list what you would do to achieve my goals and why. (Photo)

About me: - Asian female - Deviated septum & swollen turbinates (allergies) - I tend to overproduce scar tissue & scars take a while to fade - I want minimal risk. In fear of healing poorly, upturned nose, collapsed nose, worsened breathing, etc. Here is what I'm hoping to accomplish with my nose: - Straighten my nose and improve breathing - Smooth out my dorsal hump - Minimally add to my radix - Reduce droopy tip Please clearly list what you would do to achieve these things and why. Thanks!

Rhinoplasty

+1
Hello girl25, 

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

Based on the single view you have provided:

I would agree that the dorsal hump should be removed, while softening the radix transition with a graft, and refine the tip further. To straighten the nose likely osteotomies will be necessary especially with the hump removal. 

I would seek care from a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area.

Good luck, 

Dr. Shadfar

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, septoplasty and turbinate surgery

+1
The  nose is a three-dimensional structure and only one side view photograph is posted. Based on one image, the hump could be shaved down and a cartilaginous glabellar graft inserted to build up the low bridge. The tip is not drooping in this photograph. All  of the rhinoplasty surgery is considered cosmetic.
A septoplasty  and turbinate surgery  is performed to improve air flow dynamics through the nose which most the documented as medical necessity in your physician's office after a consultation and internal nasal examination.
Functional nasal surgery for breathing and cosmetic nasal surgery can be performed at the same time, however there are 2 completely separate procedures.
For many examples off hump reduction and  glabellar  grafting techniques, please see  the link below

Asian rhinoplasty

+1
More pictures would be helpful! But it seems like you have very clear surgical goals and understand the necessary maneuvers to achieve them. Have your nose evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon with expertise on Asian rhinoplasty and functional rhinoplasty.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty.

+1
You have described well what needs to be done-- refine tip without rotation, hump removal,  radix graft,   nose and reduce turbinates.  Why--because I have done this for 35 years and my patients like their new nose. 

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your questions but it sounds like you have also answered them at the same time.  Surgery should straighten your septum and improve your breathing, a radix graft would elevate the dorsum and septal cartilage could be used to refine and elevate the tip.  An examination aided by a cath scan would best define how to handle the sinuses and turbinates.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation rhinoplasty with minimal risk

+1
Due to your concern about scar formation and healing I recommend you look into fillers as an alternative. It is a safer option but does require repeat injections once a year to keep the desired result. The deviated septum and swollen turbinates can then be addressed separately with a septoplasty and inferior turbinate reduction procedure.

If you are looking for a more permanent solution then a more formal consultation and examination would be required to determine what steps would be required to achieve your goals.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD