How Much Arm Fat is Needed to Perform Arm Lipo? (photo)

Hi, I am very much in shape, but my arms are naturally very muscular and not in good proportion with my body :( Recently, I put on 4 pounds and it all seems to be going to mostly my arms, I can not afford to have even an extra half inch on my arms, because of the already bulky muscle underneath. I can not pinch an entire inch of fat, so would a doctor even be able to do lipo on such a small pesky amount of fat?The fat is like a half inch layer evenly distributed around the arm,not in one area.

Liposuction of the Arms

+1

Liposuction of the arms can be very gratifying for the patient and the surgeon. Like any other location, a good candidate is relatively healthy and close to ideal body weight, has well localized fat deposits, and has good skin tone that will retract nicely over the newly contoured fat. It is best to have a plastic surgeon examine you to see if you and your arms meet this criteria. The less fat you have, the greater the likelihood of a contour deformity which can be difficult to correct.

Schererville Plastic Surgeon

How Much Arm Fat is Needed to Perform Arm Lipo?

+1

Although I might feel differently following an in person exam, I would be reluctant to offer liposuction to the arms based upon these photos. I think that any small irregularity would be more bad than the debulking would be good. Better to arrange a consultation for this subtle a change. All the best. 

#ArmLiposuction

+1

Arm Liposuction on otherwise well-shaped arms is pretty much all technique dependent. I have done a generous number of cases but most of these patients had defects post-liposuction that needed to be corrected. goes to show how easy it is to create a defect in the arms. just chose your doctor wisely and make sure u understand all possible outcomes of the procedure.

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuctio of arms

+1

The better the arm shape before liposuction often the better the result.  If the arm is very full, then sometimes the skin becomes too loose after liposuction. To properly evaluate you, an evaluation in person is necessary.

+1

It is NOT the amount of fat but the appearance. So ONLY in person evaluation is appropriate for you. I recommend SmnartLipo + ThermiRF combo. 

How Much Arm Fat is Needed for Liposuction?

+1

Dear LidiaC,

Liposuction of the arms can produce excellent results when performed by an experienced surgeon.

There is no absolute answer to your question of how much arm fat is needed to perform liposuction. In general, there must be enough fat to remove so that an improvement in contour can be seen. Liposuction in thin patients requires the highest degree of skill.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

+1

Given your anatomy, a physical exam will be necessary to determine whether liposuction of the arms is worthwhile.  Liposuction in general is a technique and surgeon dependent procedure in which significant results without contour issues are achieved by few.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Even small amounts of fat removed from the arms makes a big improvement.

+1

Arm liposuction does great and with even a small amount of fat removed, can make a big improvement but only if the small micro canulas are used and under local anesthesia so the sculpting can really show. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm Liposuction Results

+1

Your question is really one of whether any effort at arm liposuction would be worth it.  For many people and their arm problems, a small amount of fat removal would not make enough of a difference. But in smaller people with more naturally muscular or toned arms, little changes on the back side of the arm may be significant to them.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD