Are all Fraxel lasers c02? Acne Scaring

After multiple treatments of fraxel laser for acne scaring. I saw minor improvements. From what I read, the recovery for the fraxel restore is much like that of my recovery from the fraxel treatments I did a few years ago. Red for about 2 days and was pretty much healed after 5 days. I want to try something stronger than what I already did, so would the next step be fraxel restore? Or was the fraxel treatment I did already fraxel restore and now I should try fraxel repair. Are all Fraxels c02?

Fraxel for Acne Scars

+1
All Fraxels are not Co2 lasers, it sounds like you might have had the Fraxel Restore for your acne scar treatments. Fraxel Repair is stronger than Fraxel Restore and is a Co2 laser.

The Fraxel Repair is an ablative Co2 laser, which means the laser will cause a wound. There is generally redness, oozing, swelling and scabbing immediately post Fraxel Co2. In my office I let my patients know that they can have major downtime for 5-10 days post Fraxel Repair.

Fraxel Restore is an excellent choice for acne scars but you will need multiple treatments for best results. The Restore also has many energy levels, it may be possible to do stronger Restore treatments.

It is important to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist with plenty of experience using the Fraxel Restore and Repair to see which treatments is most appropriate for you scars and skin type.

For more information on Fraxel Repair click link below:

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

I Like a combination treatment for acne scars that includes Subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser.

+1
In my hands the best treatment for acne scars includes tumescent anesthesia, extensive subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser.  Our average improvement in 114 cases in a single treatment is 72%. I have been treating acne scars for over 20 years and this method far exceeds anything else I have every used.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Not All "Fraxels" Are The Same

+1
Not all "fraxel" treatments are the same.  The Fraxal DUAL (re:store) requires multiple treatments (because it is non-ablative) depending on the type of scarring you have. You look like you had a sunburn after each treatments.  Swelling is common, but there is little downtime.  Some acne scars do not respond to this laser treatment, despite what some dermatologists will tell you or have you believe.  The Fraxel re:pair is a co2 laser and can be used for more aggressive resurfacing, but the results will be dependent on the operator/physician and what type of scarring you have.  Treating acne scars is an art. They often require a multitude of treatments including small surgeries followed by multiple laser treatments.  Co2 is the gold standard for acne scarring, but often im doing subcision, grafting, fillers ect to give an even better improvement. Further, different companies making different types of co2 lasers.  After using many of them, I still firmly believe that it is the experience of the doctor and how aggressive he choses to treat you, that gives the ultimate results.  Postoperative skin care is essential.  I will be starting practice in LA mid-august and would love to see you for a consult.