Airbrush liposuction costs?

I am 5'4 and 102lbs. I am unhappy with my tighs and hip/flank area. I went for a consultation for airbrush laser and I was told I should do inner/outer tighs and knees because if I don't my legs will look big and what they called banana rools under my buttocks. For the tummy area they suggested to do it separately because I am too light and it would be too much to do. Cost: $20,000. Isn't this very overpriced? also, is it true that I need to do my knees because my legs will look otherwise too big?

Airbrush liposuction costs?

+1
Yes, the price is a lot.  Some services by select surgeons are worth a lot.  Some are not.

I would make absolutely sure that the surgeon has demonstrated those types of results in before and after galleries on his or her website.

Liposuction Cost

+1
In NJ, your estimated cost would be much lower. For the maximum amount of liposuction that should be performed in one surgery (4-5 liters or 8-10 lb.), it takes approximately 3 hours to perform safely under general anesthesia in a medicare approved and accredited ambulatory surgery center.

Professional fee $5000
Anesthesia MD/DO fee $1200
Facility fee $2000

Total estimate $8200

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5'4" and 102 lbs. Liposuction for $20,000 ?

+1
In agreement with Drs. Gutowski and Minniti, I'm skeptical based on your quoted price and the recommendations, which don't quite make sense.  Start all over again.  If you're happy with your knees, leave them alone.  You mention your thighs, hips, and flanks only, why was abdominal treatment suggested?  At 5'4" and 102 lbs., yes, you are light, meaning there is less to do rather than too much to do.  Less to do, of course, means lower cost, not more cost.

Steve Laverson, MD

Beware of gimmicky liposuction

+1
I agree with Doctors Gutowski and Minniti. It is the skill of the surgeon that matters, not the machine. No one asks "What kind of chisel did Michelangelo use to carve the statue of David?"  I would get an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon with at least 5 years of experience doing liposuction, who has privileges at a local hospital to perform the procedure.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Airbrush liposuction costs?

+1

I agree fully with Dr Minniti's comments. You need a second opinion. Given your size, this seems way too much. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

High Prices for High Tech Lipo

+1

'Airbrush' or 'Smartlipo' or 'Vaser' are examples of brand names for liposuction machines with add-on high tech gizmos involving lasers, ultrasounds, or radio frequency.  They claim superior results to standard liposuction.  None of this is true. The companies that make these machines, and the doctors that buy them, are hoping the advertising campaigns can convince you that this is true, but in fact the opposite is: It is the skill and experience of the surgeon that makes liposuction a successful endeavor. 

Look for a plastic surgeon certified by the ABPS who is also a member of the ASAPS.  Look at their before and after photos to see their results on people with similar body types. Most experienced surgeons that do body contouring do not use anything but liposuction to achieve superior results.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS