Need advice on the best way to correct Asymmetric breast? (photos)

I am 35 with no children. I have always had asymmetric breast. However, now I am ready to get them corrected. More so now, because its chipping at my self-esteem. :-( Honestly,I would like your advice on the easiest way to correct this problem without a lot of cutting. I would like to have natural looking and even breast. My goal would be a D cup or DD with minimal cuts if possible. All advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks ;-)

BBA

+1
In my opinion, an anchor lift is needed to achieve the best results BUT you need to be examined in person to determine this for sure.

Asymmetric Breasts

+1

The only way to approach symmetry is a breast lift on the smaller breast and a breast reduction on the larger one.  The lift and reduction are really reconstructive, and will allow you to have what you might consider perfect symmetry (nothing is perfectly symmetrical, however!). The only option in addition to this would be breast implants to increase volume and/or upper pole fullness.

Any 'option' that does not involve 'a lot of cutting' will be vastly insufficient to achieve any sort of meaningful symmetry or normal appearance. A breast implant alone will not make the smaller breast look like the larger one. Asymmetrically sized breast implants into both breasts will not do any better of a job.  Neither breast is a candidate for a breast implant without a breast lift or reduction.

You should visit a few surgeons with excellent reputations for complex aesthetic breast surgery. They would be certified by the ABPS and members of the ASAPS as well.  You should be able to see before and after photos that resemble your appearance. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Asymmetry of breasts

+1

You definitely need a lift on both sides because both breasts are sagging.  The question is how to deal with the size difference and that can be accomplished several ways.  The right breast can be lifted and an implant place in the left breast.  The best thing in my opinion would be to realize that it will be a two staged procedure.  Lift both breasts while reducing   the right one at the first stage to achieve symmetry.  Then a few months later you can add implants if you like.  If you try to do it all in one stage, there is a good chance you will come back for a second stage for final refinement.  Your chances of getting a nice final result are better if you intentionally stage the procedure.  Make sure you get a price for the entire procedure which includes both stages.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Assymetric breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

In my opinion, I suggest a breast lift on both breast by anchor incision and the placement of implants to make the breast even.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric

+1
Unfortunately, it would require some cutting to correct the asymmetry here... A mastopexy (lift) is needed on the right in addition to possibly an implant, and a mastopexy on the right. It would be best if you set up a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to fully understand what is required.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Need advice on the best way to correct Asymmetric breast?

+1

You are not being realistic!!! You need "cutting" to achieve any symmetry. In fact you may need a few separate operations...

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

Integral to any conversation about correction of breast asymmetry would be an exam and a discussion of you size and shape expectations, tolerance of scars, health, smoking, and many other factors.

That being said, and taking into account what you have expressed above, my assessment is that you have large breasts that are ptotic (nipples have drooped) and have lost support, as well as asymmetrical.

The simplest way to improve your breast aesthetic in my opinion would be with a breast lift/mastopexy using the "keyhole" incision.  This should address your stated concern.

The hurdle you will have to get over is that any breast operation will leave a scar.  You have to choose which you prefer to live with- your current situation, or, an improved aesthetic with a scar.  Only you can make this decision.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Need advice on the best way to correct asymmetric breast?

+1
You could either reduce the larger and lift both, or augment the smaller breast more and lift both.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Correcting breast asymmetry

+1
You need a reduction on the big side and a lift on the small side. Maybe implants too to get the fullness and size you want. These require many incisions so scars are a part of any process for you. Visit with several well qualified plastic surgeons to learn more.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1
Believe it or not, this is a fairly common problem we see and can be corrected to a very nice look. The techniques available are too numerous and complex to discuss here. You will need to get that information during your surgery consult.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD