Am I a good candidate for a partial Facelift?

I'm 39. I've had a chubby face all my life. Now the fat seems to be moving downward, giving me an older, drawn, sometimes grumpy look. I'm developing wrinkles around my mouth and chin as a result. I'm aware buccal fat removal is not always a great option. Am I a candidate for a partial facelift?

Facelift candidate

+2
 It is difficult to tell from the pictures if you're a candidate for a facelift. Examination of the face and neck is  usually required. A face and neck lift usually can accomplish tightening facial  and neck skin, removal of fatty deposits in the neck and tightening up the SMAS and neck muscles. For many examples, please see the link below

+2
   A lower facelift will produce the changes you seek.  Find an expert who performs a short scar variant to minimize scar burden and downtime.

Face lift

+2
You need an in-person exam.  You don't have a lot of laxity under the chin.  This is what a neck/ partial facelift usually addresses.  In a couple of the pictures, the sagging around the mouth is prominent.  I suspect that is the cause of the drawn look to you face.  This can be corrected with targeted lipo and a midface lift.  Also, non-invasive Thermage may help with this.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Candidate for a partial Facelift

+1
It is difficult to determine if you are a candidate for a partial or full facelift based on these photos. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Facelift candidate?

+1
An in person consultation is always the best way to go to answer such a questions.  Research board-certified plastic surgeons in your area and find a few that seem to perform more facelifts than others.  THen schedule a couple of consultation to get more than one opinion.  Based on your pictures you may be a good candidate, certainly good enough to get an in-person assessment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Candidate for partial facelift

+1
Try to keep it as simple as possible. Your photos don't show all of your concerns but certainly a minilift or possibly a Wonderlift would be the most you would need. Avoid buccal fat removal and work with injectable fillers for the midface. At your current age and level of problems think lesser procedures.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Lower Facelift for Jowls

+1
Jowls and fat around the mouth can certainly be lifted to give you a more youthful look.
Whether or not buccal fat removal will benefit you, would depend on whether any of your cheek fat is the result of buccal fat herniation. 
A physical exam is required to determine the extent of buccal fat involvement.

Good luck!

For more information on face lift procedures, please read my book, "A More Beautiful You - reverse aging through skin care, plastic surgery and lifestyle solutions".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Lower Face Lift Candidate

+1
Removal of the Buccal Fat Pad can worsen the appearance of a patient with prominent jowls or a "droopy" face.
Correction of these conditions can be accomplished using a short scar face lift with tightening of the SMAS muscles.  Liposuction of the jowls or anterior lower cheeks is also an option.
Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions. Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Facelift for early jowls

+1
Your jawline would definitely improve with the facelift.  However, if you would like to improve heavy cheeks, you would need buccal fat removal procedure along with the facelift.

Best wishes!
Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

+1
A facelift will give you the improvement you seek.  Your photos show early jowl formation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss a conservative natural facelift.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD