Am I a Good Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Will I Lose Weight/lbs from the Liposuction? (photo)

I'm 5'6" 135lbs & 32-28-38 Normal weight is about 15 lbs lighter, with stress (divorce) I have gained weight recently. Concerned about losing fat transferred and shape after surgery. My booty used to be rounder,interested in the BBL. not for a bigger butt, just a better shaped & lifted butt along with a smaller waistline & getting rid of fat on hips and outer thighs. Ideally would like to be 32-24-34 and 115-118 lbs. Is this realistic? What kind of results can I expect & am I a good candidate?

Weight loss after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

By your photos you appear to be a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but an exam by a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss outcome expectations. Regarding the desired new measurements seem reasonable except for the 15+ pound weight loss. This makes sense as you are not throwing the fat away but rather re-injecting it by lipoinjection as a fat transfer to the buttocks.

As long as your weight is stable, which I would define as plus or minus five pounds from your current weight over the past few years, you would be a reasonable candidate for a Brazilian Butt lift fat transfer procedure
Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. Realistic expectations are important for best out come and satisfied patients. For some patients, more than one fat transfer procedure is required to obtain the size they want because injecting too much fat at one time has diminishing returns as less fat survives than if less is injected. In other patients, inadequate fat from other areas may limit the buttock enhancement size

Brazilian Butt for a better shape

+1

Even petite women can be candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift.  Smaller patients need less fat for a significant change.  It is possible to improve waist definition, buttock shape, and roundness.  You would need a consultation to evaluate whether we could meet your expectations.

Dennis Dass, MD

Glamour Girl

+1

Yes you are a good candidate. The lipo should be concentrated on your lower back and hips and thighs for contouring and reshaping. I dont see pictures of your abdomen but I can probably harvest some fat from here also. The best patients for this procedure are not overweight.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Candidate for BBL

+1

thank you for your question,  a few additional views (photos) would be helpful to determine how good of a candidate you are for this surgery, however from the photos provided, it appears that you could achieve a very nice result with this procedure.  You have a nice natural shape and fairly full buttocks to start, therefore by shaping the tissues around the buttocks (especially the waist, back, and thighs) in addition to adding some volume to the buttocks, you could obtain an improved shape with a firmer, lifted buttocks.  Total weight loss estimates are difficult to accurately predict but typically patients will lose weight and more importantly inches from the waist line.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Excellent candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello Glamgurl! Thank you for your question about the brazilian butt lift. It is easy to see why this procedure is one of the most popular procedures in my practice. I have several patients that come in requesting the same result that you are. They do not want a much larger rear-end, they simply just want it full and want to have more of a shape. I truly believe that a skilled surgeon that is on the same page with you and understands what you want can help you accomplish this. One thing to understand, with your body already fairly thin, the fat needed for a transfer will have to be harvested from somewhere. Usually women carry enough fat for a transfer on their thighs, abdomen and hip or flank area. I believe that you are requesting just a sculpting and not a huge volume increase. I think that your requested results are obtainable and realistic and think that you would have beautiful results. Typically, with this type of procedure, on your body, I do not feel that you would receive any significant amount of weight loss. You might experience 1-3 pounds, but it is hard to predict. Far more important than weight loss from the procedure is the over contour of your body and how you feel. In regards to fat loss after the procedure, it is hard to determine how much fat will be absorbed by your body. Different physicians use different techniques when transferring fat and these varying techniques have produced different absorption rates. I personally feel comfortable telling my patients a range of 20-35% of transferred fat will be absorbed. It depends on how much of a blood supply your body brings to the newly transferred fat cells. Like I had previously mentioned, the technique that a surgeon uses can impact the absorption rate. Also, post operative care can also impact this and directions for post operative care to achieve your best possible results should be discussed between you and your physician. I would recommend finding a physician that has several before and after photos of the shape that you are looking for. I wish you the best of luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon