500 Silicone Implant Will Give Natural Look?

If a person is 5'7, 135 IBS, measuring 38, 27, 38 and currently has 375 saline under the muscle AND changing to 500 HP Silicone under the muscle, will they have the same measurements? I am currently a full C with that saline size and look kind of natural. I want to remain the same size, I do not want to be a D ! Currently, I can wear push up bras without looking too plastic and I can downplay the breast when I need too. I am hoping for the same thing from my 500 Silicones.

500 cc implants will NOT achieve the natural look

+1

The most natural looking implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral.  Changing 375 cc saline to 500 cc silicone under the muscle will give you slightly increased volume.  However, long term your body may not be able to accommodate it.  Large implants placed retro-pectoral often undergo extrusion inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.  If your goal is to look natural and increase your projection there is an alternative technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants feel and look more natural, are more stable long term, are less likely to ripple and need revision.  You will not achieve the natural look by changing 375 cc saline for 500 cc silicone implants.   

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Changing to gel and want the same 'size'

+1

Upsizing slightly with gel should do the trick for you... but going up 125 cc's will increase your cup size.  Try external sizers (1/2 cup of rice in a knee high nylon stocking will simulate the increase in volume you are considering) to see if you're comfortable with increasing your size slightly.

Curtis Wong, MD

Silicone breast implants tend to look a little smaller than saline (of the same size).

+1

Hi.

If you want to keep the same look, 400 cc's or 425 cc's would probably more reasonable.  You may well look somewhat fake with 500 cc's.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Implant exchange and sizing

+1

Dear Lydia,

While increasing the volume of your implants will likely give you a small increasing cup size probably half a cup size, the more important question is reshaping your breasts to accommodate the new implants. This internal reshaping is very important and must be done with expertise. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast implant exchange and have this discussion with them.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Don't change implant size if you don't want to be larger.

+1

I'm a bit confused why you're asking the question. You state that your are pleased with your volume so why would you want to even consider a larger implant?

+1

Dear Lidia,

Thank you for your post.  A larger implant will give you a larger breast.  If you are a full C currently, then increasing you by 125 cc will give you a D. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant and Size?

+1

Larger implants will make your breasts bigger. Generally adding 125cc will increase your bra size a by 1/2 to 1 cup size. Realize that there are no standardized cup dimensions of a "C" or a "D". It varies depending on chest wall size, bra company and individual style within a company.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this  or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Increasing the implant size from 375cc to 500cc will probably increase the bra size around 1/2 cup.  You can't expect to remain the same cup size if you are increasing the implant volume.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange and expectations

+1

Using a larger implant will give you a larger breast size.  A high profile implant will also give your a a rounder fuller appearance.  If this meets your expectations than you are making the correct decision for yourself.  Your plastic surgeon is your best resource for determining the correct implant type and  volume to match your individual anatomy.  

500 cc implants after having 375 cc saline

+1

You should discuss this with your surgeon.  He may have decided on these based upon your anatomy.