Is a 375 Saline Similar to a 500 Silicone HP ?

If I had a 375 Saline Implant under the muscle and went to a 500 Silicone implant under the muscle, would they come out similar? I am a full C with the 375-400 Saline. Do not want to be a D !

Don't want to be larger...

+1

then you shouldn't increase your implant volume by what you mention.  A size up wouldn't be appreciable but 125 cc's will... and it likely will take you to the next cup size.  You can put a 1/2 cup of rice in a nylon stocking and put it over your breast, in the bra cup.  That is what you are considering here.

A 500 mL implant will yield a larger breast than a 375.

+1

A 500 mL implant under any condition is larger than the 375. It will always make the breast larger regardless of profile or fill substance.

+1

Dear Lidia,

Thank you for your post.  I think you are confusing the issue.  CC's is a volume.  It doesn't matter what they are made of , saline or silicone.  In this case, the larger implants are 125 cc's bigger than the smaller ones.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Is a 375 Saline Similar to a 500 Silicone HP

+1

Absolutely not.  You are going up probably one cup size with the increase in volume.  Also, HP implants will make you look bigger by increasing your projection.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

That Increase will change your size

+1

Increasing your size by 125 mL from 375 to 500 you will have increased in size. They will probably not be similar. You will probably increase your cup size and I was he will increase your projection going from a moderate profile to high-profile.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Saline versus silicone

+1

They are not comparable at all as far as size is concerned.  While a 375 cc implant will make you a full C cup in most cases, 500 cc's is a D cup,and then some. 375 cc's is more in one with what I typically use.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Switching from a saline to gel implant

+1

Changing from a 375 to 500 cc implant is a 125 cc change.  This is about 1/2 cup size so it is possible that you will  be about a D cup size to full C after the procedure.  

500 and 375 are not the same

+1

I read often on the internet this theory that silicone looks much smaller than saline.  I believe it does look slightly smaller, perhaps up to 10% smaller.  10% of 500 is 50 so this would give it the "apparent" look of a 450cc implant not 375.  

You also have to take into consideration that for every increase in cc size, some women will show this difference to a large degree, and some not so much.  Much of this depends on how broad they are, how tall they are, how much soft tissue they have (fat and natural breast tissue) to start with.

My best advice is to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience in breast implants.  The guy that specializes in facelifts and does one or two sets of implants a month is not the best surgeon to speak to about this.  Find someone that loves doing breast surgery, is experienced in breast surgery, and go get an in-person exam.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is no precise “conversion” when exchanging saline to silicone gel breast implants.  Your best bet, as opposed to giving too much weight to online consultants' opinions, is to communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon. He/she, after careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be able to best guide you as to what size/profile of silicone gel breast implant will achieve your goals.

Again, the advice you receive online will simply be too general to be  given too much weight during your decision-making process.