2nd Lower Face Lift -- Scars Too Visible? (photo)

I'm 40 -- lower facelift and cheek fat transfers 3 years ago. I've lost 25 lbs since and altho my body looks great, I've lost volume in my face. I'm considering a 2nd lift and more fat transfers. Initial incisions along the ear and back into my hair. This time surgeon said he'll need to place the incisions in front of my hairline, otherwise it will move too far back. I am worried scars there will be very visible or my hairline will be too "straight"? Current anterior scars aren't bad. Thoughts?

2nd Lower Face Lift -- Scars Too Visible?

+1

Your scars on the front of the ear look good but your hairline is very high. So you will need an incision in the hairline or it will get higher. The post auricular scars can easily be revised.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Revision Facelift and Fat grafting

+1

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and questions. Your posterior hairline incisions can easily be corrected. The anterior hairline/ temples are already high and your only option is to go below the hair tuft. Closed well, these incisions will not be apparent or alter the hairline. That said, I don't think you need another facelift yet. You may revisit this again in 10-15yrs. 

As for fat grafting, I think this is a good option to help volumize your mid face and camouflage your eyelid cheek junction and tear troughs. 

I hope this helps. Take care.

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Griddy,

thank you for your post.  I agree with your surgeon in the anterior hairline approach.  Your loss of sideburns area hair is already noticable and will become worse.  You have a very mild jowl area.  Also for consideration is hair transplant along the sideburn area.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Second face lift after weight loss

+1

Thank you for asking about a second face lift, now you lost 25 pounds.

1. Your face lift result and scars are good.
  2. You have lost hair around the temple. 
  3. Your surgeon is right to use a hairline incision. These heal well.
  4. If your skin has loosened - I can't tell from the photos - discuss a conservative skin-only redo face lift or just fat injections with your face lift surgeon.. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

RESPECTABLE RESULT NO MORE by Villar

+1

Quit while you are ahead.  Your jaw line is clearly visible and smooth.  Your neck looks tight.  Your scars are typical. I cannot see your eyes.  

The only thing that disturbs me is your loss of "sideburnhair".  The bald spot here is very noticeable with your hair back.  This "friar monk" look is unfortunately too common. Your surgeon did noting wrong.  That is the traditional incision most residents are taught.  Thirty years ago, when I started my practice, I departed from the conventional wisdom and redesigned my incision to avoid hair loss in front and behind the ear. 

If you have another facelift at this time, it will not be in your best interest.  Your surgeon has probably told you this.  Scars behind the ears can be revised.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the issue isn't the posterior incisions that are typically placed 3 inches within the hairline and not along the front edge of the hairline where you can't wear your hair back.  The issue is that there are no signs of jowls or nasolabial folds and as such, no type of Face Lift would be indicated.

The face does appear a bit elongated which is due to flat cheeks.  Fat transfer, in my opinion, is not as reliable as Cheek Augmentation with a temporary filler (I prefer Perlane) or Cheek Implants.  Creating the proper cheek shape would make the face more naturally feminine and attractive.  Hope this helps.

Bad scars after facelift.

+1

Your original scar was placed too low and probably under tension. This produces the hypertrophic scars u have. This lift should try to remove all the scar without tension and place it higher. This can be done as we described 35 years ago in a Trichophytic way so the hair grows thru the scar. 

Facelift

+1
The back of the ear incision can not be hidden. It is alreadt infront of the hairline. Looking at the pictures posted, you do not need any work on the neck. Therefore may consider fat graft to the face , maybe a mini-facelift, incisioninfront of the ear.