Do the Natrelle Cohesive Gel Implants Tend to Pop Around the Breast Pocket when Pressed Instead of Flowing Like Old Silicone?

I've noticed this odd occurrence when pressing on the implant, that it just shifts from one location to another in the breast pocket that was created, rather like "whack a mole" arcade game! This is not at all like natural tissue behavior and I'm very sorry I opted for this new more solid material.

+1

The form stable implant does not have the flexibility of the previous implants and this is a patient complaint.  If you do not have the newer form stable implant, then the best thing to do would be to get an exam from your plastic surgeon to determine that the pocket is appropriately sized or that there is not a fluid collection or other issue.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

410 implants

+1

The 410 implants are what are commonly referred to as "gummy bear" implants.  They will not move like the softer silicone implants.

Movement of Natrelle 410 implant

+1

All silicone implants currently available in the United States are cohesive.  Assuming that you are referring to the Natrelle 410 "highly cohesive" implant, the implant is designed to be "form stable", meaning that it maintains its shape and does not "flow" like standard cohesive implants.  When the implant is inserted, the surgically created pocket should closely match the size of the implant so that it is not free to move. 

If you feel that your implant is shifting around in the pocket, you may benefit from a surgical revision.  I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD