Lopsided Nose After Rhinoplasty (Nasal Tip Reconstruction and Alarplasty)

Hi, I had open rhinoplasty done about a month ago - The tip of my nose was sharpened using cartilage grafts and my nostrils were reduced in size. The tip of my nose now points towards the left, and my right nostril is significantly smaller and appears higher than the left. I am exceedingly concerned that this may be permanent as my surgeon said that most of the swelling should have gone down by this stage. Are there any minor non-invasive procedures to fix this?

Lopsided tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, you are very early at 1 month post Open Rhinoplasty, so there's certainly residual swelling that will change the shape of the tip in the folowing 6-9 months.  However, from the base view, the right nostril does appear to have less support than the left, but without pre-op comparisons...this asymmetry may have existed before your Rhinoplasty...there's no way for me to tell.

IMO, it's best for you to wait at least 6 months to see the final tip shape and then make a determination, at that point, if you're satisfied or not.  The nsotrils will not even out, IMHO but he tip may decrease in size making it more to your liking.  As always, you should discuss these issues with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty.

Rhino result evaluation timeframe

+1

I always encourage patients to resist the temptation to judge rhino results too early. In my opinion three months is the first point at which judgment van be passed and the final result isn't truly present until one year.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Lopsided after Rhino

+1

the irregularities you describe are there but really not too noticeable. I would wait until at least 3 months have past and consider radiesse to even things out. it is temporary but will give your nose a chance to completely heal (1 year). discuss with your surgeon. any filler will do.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon