When After a BBL Can I Start to Diet and Exercise?

Hi, two years ago I lost 85 pounds after dieting and excercising reaching my ideal weight of 135 at 5'4. With lots of excess skin and sagging breasts I had a tummy tuck and Breastlift and augmentation to fantastic results. My butt however was still quite saggy and I opted for butt implants and they became infected so took them out. 2 years later I gained 40 pounds and just had a butt lift done with 450 cc in each side.... When can I start to diet and exercise to get back to my ideal weight? Thx

Brazilian butt lift and exercise

+2

Most patients will recover from a Brazilian butt augmentation relatively soon. In about a month, you will be able to exercise without any problem. Now, the question is if you really want to lose weight. Your buttock will get smaller as you lose weight.  The fat used behaves in the same way as the fat from where it was taken from. If you gain weight, your buttock will get bigger. If you lose weight, your buttock will get smaller.  The good news is that your proportions will be better. If the procedure was done correctly, your waist should be smaller and the waist to hip ratio will be within the beautiful range of about 0.7. In other orders, if you lose weight, your proportions should be the same and your butt will look larger than the rest of your body even though you lost weight.

Exercising after you Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure

+1

I would suggest to you to not focus on the numbers relating to your weight gain and focus on getting back what you viewed as your ideal body. For my patients I advise them post-operatively to be resting and not putting any pressure on the buttock area for a period of time. After a couple weeks they can start walking on a treadmill and at about 4-6 weeks post-operatively patients can start back on their fitness routine. Please do consult with your surgeon about specific postoperative instructions as they differ from surgeon to surgeon and by case.

What makes the Brazilian Butt lift such an incredible procedure is that you get to liposuction unwanted fat and have that injected into your buttocks for added projection. What patients need to know is that those fat cells function exactly the same way as other fat cells do. They expand as you are gaining weight, and decrease in size as you are losing weight. So excessive cardio after having the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure will lead to weight loss, therefore may decrease the size of your buttock area. A healthy fitness routine and focus on strengthening the gluteal muscles is recommended for the best buttock shape results. For more information on this procedure, take a look at the link below.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift and exercise

+1

After the fat injection the fat cells are weak.  And so you  want to protect  the fat cells to get the best result you can get. I will tell my patients they can start walking or light treadmill at 2 to 3 weeks and resume full exercise at 4 to 6 weeks.

You should discuss this with your doctor so he or she can give you direction and you can have the best result you can have.

Wendell Perry, MD

When After a Fat Grafting to Buttocks Can I Start to Diet and Exercise?

+1

Regarding"...just had a butt lift done with 450 cc in each side.... When can I start to diet and exercise to get back to my ideal weight?"

This question should be directed to your surgeon. Each one of us has a slightly different way of manging our Brazilian Butt Lift and other cosmetic surgery patient which is based on our varying experiences. 

Two concerns must be covered; First, when is it SAFE to resume vigorous exercise without risking the very take or survival of the grafted fat cells. Usually, we wait 4-8 weeks depending on the surgeon. Second, how would fat loss due to your exercising affect your fat grafts? Will there be a loss in volume with sagging of the buttocks?

Your surgeon should guide you in this regard.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Exercise after buttock lift

+1

First and foremost, you should consult with your operating surgeon to get specific instructions on postoperative care.  I restrict patients from placing pressure on the buttocks (sitting) for a period of time.  I allow light exercise to start with a couple of weeks and gradually increase their exercise from there.  I believe that patients that maintain their body and exercise postoperatively specifically to strengthen the gluteal muscles improve their overall result.

Sean A. Simon, MD

More Weight Loss after Body Contouring Surgery

+1

You may consider that if you get back to your ideal weight might present you with the same problem of sagging buttocks skin.  It is very important for patients who desire body contouring surgery have a stable weight prior to any surgical intervention.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS