Will my Loose "Wrinkled" Skin Tighten 5 Weeks After Tummy Tuck?

I am 5 wks post tummy tuck. Will the skin around my belly button tighten up? It looks really wrinkled and has extra skin on top of the belly button, I feel others who are 5 wks out look much better than I do. I also have a little lumptiness to my stomach. will this go away? please help, nervous!

Mini tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) DOES NOT treat loose upper abdominal skin

+1

I agree with the others. Based on your photograph it appears that you had a mini tummy tuck. Based on this assumption and the fact that NO skin is re-draped with a mini tummy tuck it is probably that you will experience a small or minimal change in the loose skin above the belly button following a mini tummy tuck

Mini-Tummy Tuck with/without Liposuction CANNOT correct loose Tummy Skin ABOVE Belly Button

+1

Sorry about your result. It appears you had either a Mini Timmy Tuck with or without a Liposuction (no scar around the Belly Button). These procedures DO NOT correct skin looseness above the belly button. The dimpling may be associated with your liposuction procedure.  At 5 weeks thinks are healed but the inflammation is still settling down and some improvement may still come.

You need to remember what your surgeon and you discussed about the capabilities of a Full VS. MINI- Tummy Tuck and take it up with him.

Mini tummy tuck will not correct skin laxity above the belly button

+1

Based on the fact that you don't have scar around your belly button, it appears that you had a mini-tummy tuck- this procedure does not address any skin laxity above the belly button.  Hopefully your plastic surgeon discussed this issue with you prior to surgery. 

You really don't have a lot of skin laxity above the belly button, so the decision making is understandable. You certainly would have gotten a better peri-umbilical skin appearance with a full tummy tuck- but this is a much more extensive operation.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/tummy_tuck.php