Loose Tip After Rhinoplasty

Hi, Thanks to the doctors who responded to my 1st question. I dont think I made it very clear. When I touch the columella it is gentle and not forceful at all, and the amount of movement upwards visible is very very minute. The columella itself seems very stiff which I understand is normal, but the upward movement part feels located in the middle lower septum part and it is this area that feels loose. Should I be concerned? I have a pic attached with the arrow pointing to where I feel its loose

Loose Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not describe anything that bothers me. Nothing appears abnormal in your pictures. However it is difficult to diagnose from a distance. I suggest you tsee your surgeon or get a second opinion if you're still concerned.

Loose tip after rhinoplasty

+1

If you are recent after surgery, it does not sound concerning.  The swelling needs to resolve and the tissues need to settle.  During this process, the tissues may not feel normal.  If it looks okay, then don't get worried.  If you do have concerns, then you need to address these with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Manipulation Of The Tip Of The Nose After Rhinoplasty Should Be Avoided

+1

I don't think this is a concern at all. There no such entity as a loose nasal tip and the fact that it feels that way, with manipulation, does not constitute a problem. After open rhinoplasty there are many different feelings in the nasal tip including numbness and stiffness that are part of the normal healing process. What matters about how the tip looks and feels should be not be critically judged for at least 6 months after surgery. While it is understandable that one is focused and concerned about their nose after rhinoplasty, manipulating or pushing the tip of the nose around is not a good idea as you may disrupt how things were put together...creating a looseness issue that could change in an unfavorable manner the final shape of the tip as it heals.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

MIdvault laxity

+1

If the area where you placed the arrow is "mushy" and it is just soon after surgery, I would discuss this with yoru surgeon but it may firm up as the nose heals.  It may be some weakness in the dorsal septum in that region.

Loose mid vault

+1

Your lateral profile seems to be appropriate, but if the midvault which is the area that you are pointing to seems smooshy/loose, you might have a compromised midvault area which can be caused by a break in your dorsal septum. Although this is not very common, you should probably see your plastic surgeon to determine if there is a problem with your nose.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Loose tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Soon after rhinoplasty, the tissues are healing and the tip will be hard. After the healing process is near complete, then the tip will start to feel softer. As long as your nose looks fine, it should not be of concern. My recommendation is to avoid touching your nose at all. Constant manipulation of the nasal structure will lead to loosening of the soft tissue attachments that are maintaining the nasal structure which in turn cause droopiness over a long period.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon