Loose Skin, Abnormal Cleavage After Implant Exchange? (photo)

Original BA 350 cc saline 7 years ago. Very hard and unnatural. Had exchange done 4 mths ago. Asked for 500 cc hp silicone and ps put in 650 cc. Resulted in a symmastia look (not true symmastia per ps). Had them removed 5 days ago and am left with abnormal cleavage area. Also had medial capsulorraphy to decrease pocket. Skin is loose, puckered and deformed. Will this go away or is there any surgery that can tighten and smooth out this area. I am so depressed. Don't know what to do.

Breast skin after implant removal

+1

At 5 days postop it is too early to tell how the breasts will look over time.  Your breast skin and tissues have been permanently stretched given the large size of your previous implants and only after more time has passed will you be able to see your new result.  Hopefully the dimpling will only get better with time.  Sometimes if the breast skin doesn't look as nice as someone wants after removing breast implants the only thing to do is a breast lift.  Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Options after implant removal and residual loose skin

+1

If I understand correctly you had your original implants removed and at that time there was some degree of a thickened capsular contracture.  It sounds like you had a capsulectomy and a medial capsulopexy.  Now with the implants removed you are experiencing some degree of skin laxity.  This laxity will improve over time but the abnormal folding of skin in the medial quadrant is not likely to improve to any significant degree.  This skin was stretched out from your original augmentation and has likely lost a good deal of its elasticity.  You may consider leaving the implants out for 3 to 6 months and then consider a re-augmentation using a smaller implant.  While the implant is out the capsule will shrink down in size and allow the use of a smaller and more appropriately sized implant.  A consultation with your plastic surgeon is needed to explore all of your options.  

Cleavage issue

+1

Without seeing photos of you pre-op it is difficult to say whether or not this was there before. In addition, you are very early post-op and this may get better with time.

Loose Skin, Abnormal Cleavage After Implant Exchange?

+1

Thanks for adding the photos to this posting. I am wondering if all three of these are taken at the same day or if the photo on the right is a pre-op photo. The photo on the right seems to have been taken from above. 

These photos seem to show a "web," and I am wondering if there was something abnormal there before any surgery was done. 

At any rate, since these seem to be 5 days post-op photos, improvement of any irregularities can be expected. 

Hopefully you will review all your issues with your surgeon, who knows what was done recently and in the past, and has followed your recovery. All the best.