Ask a doctor

Loose Skin Between Vaginal Hole and Anus? (photo)

I have this loose skin between vaginal hole and anus since as long as i looks like a tail and is quite doesnt hurt or anything and is squishy to touch.i am 31 years female.what can be done for this?thank you

Doctor Answers 8

Loose skin between vagina and anus

Hi there! I love cases such as yours because the surgical answer is quite simple with very little risk and downtime... And the result will be a resolution of something that has been bothering you for a long time. With some lidocaine and careful removal of the excess skin, you will have a natural looking scar in that area. There is normally a line between the vagina and the anus that forms naturally, and the scar will mimick that. 

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Treating loose skin on the perineum

This is actually something I see quite often in my practice- sometimes it bothers patients, sometimes not. This extra "roll" of skin is on the perineum which is the area between the vagina and the anus. It is easily treated in an exam room under local anesthesia. Depending on the amount of excess skin to be removed and patient preference, the area may be excised and closed with dissolvable sutures or perineal resurfacing may be performed using a laser or radio frequency. Cheers!

Wesley Anne Brady, MD
Dallas OB/GYN
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Removing extra skin around the vagina

Excellent question. The extra skin immediately behind the vagina can be surgically reduced with minimal downtime and scarring.  I often perform this procedure in an outpatient setting under local anesthesia. 


Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Loose Skin at Perineum, Behind Labia Minora: Treatment Options

Loose skin between the vagina and the anus can develop naturally. Sometimes it is an overgrowth of the labia minora and might require a specially-designed labiaplasty for correction, in other cases it might require a mini-perineoplasty, and in other cases it might require just a small skin resection. Any or all of these can be done under local anesthesia, with or without sedation, at your preference.

Loose skin

The loose skin can be easily removed under local anesthesia. It is a simple procedure with minimal post-operative discomfort.

Gary J. Alter, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Skin between vagina and anus

This skin is actually quite common and is basically and extension of the labia minora (inner lips.  It is relatively straight forward to basically trim this tissue away under local anesthesia +/- light sedation.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Loose Skin Between Vaginal Hole and Anus?

Thank you for your question.  That small amount of skin can easily be removed either alone or if are having a vaginoplasty, that area of skin is removed as part of the procedure to narrow the vaginal opening.

Perineal surgery

The loose perineal  tissue you show in the photo can probably be trimmed under local anesthesia. Consult in person so that you can be examined and a plan made to your desires.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.