Loose Skin, Stretch Marks, and Disappointment After Tummy Tuck. Whats Your Opinion? (photo)

I was just curious if you think my tummy tuck looks good. I knew that all my stretchmarks would not be gone as they were above belly button but I expected them to be lower. Also, when I bend over there is still loose skin hanging and excess fat. My doc did not perform lip with tuck. He did say at my last check up that he would go in at a year out a suck some fat out under local. I just feel disapointed after paying thousands of dollars. Were my expectations too high or could he have done better?

Your abdomen has to have some looseness

+1

To accomodate standing straight vs sitting down.  The difference is that once your skin has lost it's elasticity, the skin seems to just 'puddle' or hang rather than being nice and tight.  Otherwise your scar looks nice and low and you have a very nice hourglass shape, so give it some time and see if you are not happier when you are completely healed up.

Disappointment after tummy tuck

+1

Pictures after are not quite clear though it does look like the scar is low and concealed. Liposuction might improve your result or your satisfaction with it. One thing to keep in mind is that when you stand up straight the skin should look very well, however with bending forward the skin which has lost elasticity will not shrink and pull in like your tummy of youth. Bending forward is not the pose of models. Ask your surgeon, about lipo when you are well healed.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Liposuction may help

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Liposuction of your abdomen may give you the additional thinning that you desire.  Of course laxity will not be corrected by liposuction.  At this time I would continue with the healing process as additional changes will be seen.  Once healing is complete you can either entertain liposuction of the abdomen or a revision abdominoplasty.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Concerned about Tummy Tuck Results…

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice/evaluation without direct examination. Some general advice may be helpful to you however.

At seven weeks post op you are not seeing the final results of the tummy tuck operation. It will take several additional months for all of the swelling to resolve.    It may take up to one year for the skin to fully “redrape".

Having said that, it is not uncommon for patients to have some redundant skin etc. when they are flexed/bent over. Removing too much skin during the tummy tuck operation can be problematic…

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, and express your questions/concerns in a calm and constructive fashion.

Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm