I Have Loose Skin in Abdominal What Should I Do? (photo)

I am 22 yrs old i am very insecure about my stomach. I can not afford to have a tummy tuck for 2 reasons: a. can not afford to take time off work and b. the cost... Would I be an ideal candidate for smart lipo? or maybe even thermage? i dont care about the stretch marks i just want a flat tight stomach.. i have been going to the gym and not matter how much weight i loose my stomach remains the same.. I NEED HELP.. i also had my appendix removed hint the dot above what is suppose to be my navel.

Smart lipo versus tummy tuck

+2

From looking at your picture, you probably would benefit most from a tummy tuck smart lipo will definitely give you a more shapely figure, but you will have a problem with the loose skin following the procedure. One thing that you definitely need to talk to the physician who does your work, is to discuss "lifting" the scar from your prior surgery to give you a more aesthetically pleasing look. Te smart lipo is the least invasive procedure that will probably give you the best results. You will not have a flat stomach, and don't let anyone tell you that you will, because this is not the case. For looking better in clothes, you'll look great.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin Requires a Tummy Tuck

+1

As a dermatologic surgeon, I will say ditto to what the other doctors that have responded. There is no miracle cream or laser that will help.

Focus on something else.

If you must have the surgery and cannot afford it, try visiting a University Medical Center to see if they will do your case for free. It is possible you could have this done by a doctor in training. I was one of those once and I think we did a mighty good job for a lot of people.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

No substitute for a tummy tuck

+1
None of the less invasive procedures, whether liposuction or skin tightening, will be of any value to you. I understand your feelings about the state of your abdomen. If you cannot afford surgery, perhaps you should consult one of the academic programs to see whether a highly reduced rate would apply to a teaching case.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck ONLY!

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. You should be proud of what you have achieved through diet and exercise. You are correct in that it is likely that you have reached a plateau and cannot do much more with the appearance of your abdomen without surgical help.

Unfortunately,  you are not a good candidate for anything except tummy tuck surgery.The other treatment modalities you mentioned will waste your time and money.

I would suggest that you delay any intervention until you can afford the tummy tuck procedure and the time off work...

Tummy Tuck Substitutes...

+1

Despite everything you hear,see or read out there NOTHING matches a Tummy Tuck in getting  "flat tight stomach". Liposuction will remove fat but will not result in significant skin tightening especially in stretch marks damaged skin. SkinTyte will shrnk the skin somewhat but is not comparable to the tightening obtained by a Tummy Tuck. 

If you want the gret result you deserve you may wish to wait and save our money until you can afford a Tummy Tuck and an experienced Pastic surgeon who can deliver it. 

You need a tummy tuck or nothing

+1

There is absolutely zero value for you in Thermage, Smartlipo or anything else other than a full tummy tuck.  Save your money and someday have the tummy tuck done.  There is too much extra loose skin for anything else.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS